This position is a long term contract role located in Lake Charles, LA. My client prefers local candidates, so per diem will not be provided. P6 experience is REQUIRED. The pay rate starts at $50/hr and increases depending on experience. Please apply and attach an updated resume if you would like to be considered.
To develop, maintain, and report on a resource-loaded construction-level schedule that is critical to the determination of the end date of a specific turnaround and the definitive estimate.
Key responsibilities of the Turnaround Scheduler include:
- Create resource loaded schedules based on historical project files or manual entry from job planning forms
- Keep management personnel informed of critical path/near critical path schedule status and issues; provide recommendations for schedule improvement and recovery plans
- Collect and enter updates to the schedule daily and the baselines as needed
- Incorporates approved changes into the schedule
- Provide staffing plans to use as a basis for contractor hiring plans and to measure planned vs. actual staffing during execution
- Create and assemble bid scopes, scope books, update books, and other packages on an ad hoc or daily basis depending on phase
- Daily report on schedule performance, milestone variance, and contractor performance during execution
- Ensure that schedules have correct and complete assignments of codes and other mandatory schedule components – Must be able to consistently score high marks on mandatory schedule audits
- Accurate reporting that predicts finish date of the turnaround
- A schedule that is not overly constrained or rigid but one that can adapt to changes in field and still deliver accurate reporting
- Deliver schedule and cost information throughout the planning phase at TAR-1, TAR-2, and TAR-3
- A minimum of 5 years of previous work experience in a similar role
- Intermediate level knowledge of P6 Primavera scheduling software
- Proficient using MS Office suite of software (primarily Excel) including knowledge of pivot tables, charts, and linking capabilities
- Good analytical, verbal, and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills working in team environment
- Ability to set and manage priorities to meet all deadlines; including during turnaround execution with significant periods of overtime for 4-5 weeks per event
- External Primavera training and certification preferred
- Background in one of the industrial trades or equivalent combination of training and technical work experience preferred
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.