This position receives stores, and distributes food service products within the warehouse, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. This job operates in a warehouse setting with exposure to dry, chill, and freezer during the workday.
· Abilities to work in dry, chill, and freezer environments.
· Reads customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, and/or shipped.
· Picks customer orders for shipping.
· Verifies and ensures the accuracy of orders for delivery.
· Moves materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
· Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
· Develops inventory product knowledge.
· Ensures warehouse is accessible and safe for staff and customer traffic.
· Assembles customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
· Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate methods.
· Open bales, crates, and other containers.
· Assists in cycle counting and annual physical inventory.
· Weighs and counts items for distribution within the plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
· Assists in assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
· Manages time efficiently and is a team player.
· Abilities to work independently.
· Sweeps, dust, and mops. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
· Wears the proper safety equipment.
· Scheduled attendance required.
Required Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience
· At least one year of previous experience in warehouse environments.
· Working knowledge of warehouse processes.
· Prior warehouse experience, preferably in a food distribution environment.
· Reach truck experience.
· Strong attendance record
· Able to work in an office environment and lift up to 75 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food distributions: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person