Are you sincere and caring? Would you like working hard in a positive, enjoyable atmosphere where you can feel proud of the work you do and be recognized for your efforts? We have a wonderful, growing patient population, an enthusiastic team, and a sincere dentist dedicated to quality care. We’d love to have you join us Monday through Friday (approx. 32-35 hrs./week). Previous dental experience is required, prior experience with Eaglesoft and digital x-rays is ideal.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Coordinates patient treatment; Enters recommended treatment into the computerized system.
- Sets up treatment rooms for dental patients.
- Documents patient communication in their charts.
- Encourages patient referrals.
- Collects and records patient health histories.
- Assist with a number of dental procedures.
- Preparation of materials needed to make dental impressions
- Dental charting
- Dental x-rays
- Dental photos and scans
- Impressions and bite registrations
- Delivers patient personal oral care instructions.
- Answers patient questions and concerns regarding recommended treatment.
- Performs a variety of lab procedures including pouring impressions, trimming of models, fabricating of mouth guards, temporary crowns, and custom impression trays; prepares casting models and dies; Checks on lab work and checks on overdue lab cases.
- Stocks the treatment room with the necessary supplies needed.
- Serves as the intermediary between patients, the dentist, the hygienists, other dental assistants and the front desk staff. Answers questions and updates the staff about changes in the schedule.
- Ensures the office, lab and treatment rooms are clean and neat and reflects a professional environment.
- Orders supplies and equipment; restocks supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Ability to accurately utilize electronic dental record and practice management software
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Check us out online at www.nurturefamilydental.com. Preferred candidates will be contacted. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Assisting: 1 year (Preferred)