Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Volunteers of America is a national, faith-based human services organization that helps some of the most vulnerable men, women and children in our communities lead safe, healthy, independent and productive lives. Founded in New York City in 1896, Volunteers of America is one of the nation's oldest, largest and most respected human services organizations, serving 2 million people in 400 communities in 46 states every year.
Volunteers of America - Greater New York is the largest affiliate of the national organization, with more than 90 programs and 1,300 staff in the metropolitan New York area, Westchester and Nassau counties, and Northern New Jersey.
Skilled and dedicated staff, and generous corporate and individual community partners, help tens of thousands of people in need every year. Whether the needs are short-term, like case management and temporary shelter, or long-term help like permanent supportive housing, we have the commitment, experience and relationships necessary to provide high quality, comprehensive services to a wide range of people in need in the New York metropolitan area.
The Consultant is responsible for the provision of in-home, family centered services to clients of the Parenting Skills Program. The Consultant implements treatment services based on the concepts of the Common Sense Parenting curriculum.
The position requires a Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work or other related field, and two years experience providing family counseling or behavioral treatment services. Experience with in-home services or parent skills training is preferred.
- Initiate family assessments and develop Behavior Change Plans.
- Conduct in-home family sessions with client families, teaching and reinforcing behavior change and behavior management skills. Utilizing the Teaching Family/Common Sense Parenting Curricula.
- Provide 24-hour on-call coverage and telephone support for client families.
- Complete all recording and reporting as required by funder and Volunteers of America.
- Identify collateral agencies and community providers appropriate to the needs of client families; conduct outreach and referral services for client families.
- Develop and conduct marketing plan with DYFS offices to assist in meeting level of services as per contract.
- Collaborate with case manager on all matters pertinent to the treatment of client families.
- Conduct and support data collection and Quality Assurance components and participate in all designated training and development opportunities.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer!