Responsible for remote and onsite technical support for Integra Optics employees. Activities include administration of Windows server environments, hardware and software deployments, managing internal help desk tickets, and follow up with unresolved requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide remote / on-site technical support for end-users and workstations.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Advise customers on appropriate action and follow-up.
- Log all help desk interactions into company ticketing system.
- Identify, prioritize and escalate support tickets requiring urgent attention.
- Follow up on reassigned unresolved requests.
- Remote and on-site support and administration for Windows server environments
- Remote and on-site support and administration for hosted solutions
- Utilize our remote management tools to provide remote user and system support
- Assist technical team with hardware and software deployment efforts including installing, upgrading and supporting IT systems.
- Configure hardware including, but not limited to, workstations, servers, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Install and configure authorized software.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional strongly preferred.
- 2 to 5 years applicable experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Highly driven, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as contribute to a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
Working Experience in the following Areas is Desirable:
- Active Directory / Group Policy
- AntiVirus products
- Backup and Recovery solutions
- Cisco Networking: CCNA or higher
- Disaster Recovery solutions
- Desktop support
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA\Sophos UTM preferred
- Malware removal
- MS Office suite
- Network services: DNS | DHCP | TCPIP
- Network switching
Network & Local Printers
- Scripting with Kixtart or VBScript
- SmartPhones: Android, iPhone, Windows
- Tablets: Android, iPhone, Surface
- Terminal Services
- Virtualization: MS Hyper-V / VMWare
- Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10/Mac OS
- Desktop Imaging Software
- Database SQL/MySQL
- Basic Knowledge of Linux
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 /
- VPN technologies
- ShoreTel VoIP phone system
- Autotask a plus
- Sharepoint knowledge a plus
- Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Project Management software – such as Jira, Microsoft Project Planner
Occasional = 1-5%
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Information Technology: 2 years