Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World . Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us - and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen - there’s one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
The Sr. Manager, Poultry supports the Director of Meat Procurement in developing/maintaining both chicken and turkey procurement strategies. Activities include cost modeling, industry and market analysis, business needs assessment and perform analytics (bid events, negotiations, freight and contracting).
Poultry Procurement – Develop and maintain sourcing strategies for chicken and turkey parts as well as live turkeys for processing to include overall market, industry and supply base analysis, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing activity facilitation, bid analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation. Sourcing activities may also include joint process improvements, volume concentration, price/cost optimization and global sourcing where applicable. The poultry role requires constant engagement with suppliers and internal stakeholders in the Refrigerated Business Unit to drive project execution as well as supplier performance KPI’s including order fill, resolution of quality and claims issues and generation of market intelligence. The role works closely with Supply Management (who places Purchase Orders), Product Supply (who plans factory production based on demand forecast), Marketing, R&D, Quality and Operations in support of the category. This individual may also serve in a liaison role representing Meat procurement and providing category expertise on cross-functional teams.
- Perform spend, contract and market analysis for assigned categories
- Conduct bid events, negotiate with suppliers, prepare bid analysis and make sourcing recommendations to the Director including qualification of new suppliers as needed
- Generate materials as needed for presentations, workshops and negotiations
- Communicate sourcing decisions to stakeholders and management
- Provide necessary inputs for supply agreements and monitor compliance
- Manage supplier performance and supplier relationships
- Ensure adherence and compliance to procurement processes and policies
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Drive aggressive productivity goals and create pipeline of projects
- Capacity planning and business continuity plans
- Support supplier audits and ensure Supplier Quality Expectations compliance
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting/Finance, Ag Economics, Engineering, Meat Science, Supply Chain/Procurement preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience required (Meat or Commodity Industry experience preferred)
- Strong analytical skills (statistics, economics, modeling, strong Excel capabilities)
- Organizational skills (handling workload and complexity)
- Presentation skills (proficiency in Power Point and comfortable presenting to groups)
- Ability to interface with all levels of management in a wide variety of business situations
- Negotiations and influencing skills
- Strong communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving, issue resolution and decision making skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP a plus
- Commodity/risk management experience desired
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity