Mission and Vision
- Concordia Plan Services ‘walks together’ with LCMS ministries in caring for workers and their families…so that the Word of God continues to spread!
- Our 2020 vision is to transform CPS from being solely a benefits provider to the most widely recognized source of employer and worker-related solutions for LCMS ministries.
Essential Job Functions
- Account Manager, Growth reports to the Director, Account Management.
Education and Experience
- Is the primary employer contact. Develops and maintains a trusted advisor relationship with existing customers and stakeholders to enhance customer experience and retention. This may require participation in conference calls, attendance at meetings or, travel outside of normal business hours.
- Ensures the timely and successful delivery of benefits solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders and external vendor partners to ensure best in class customer service, enhanced customer retention rates and customer solutions delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Manages day to day client relationships, providing consultation, analysis and issue resolution.
- Develops strategic account plans with the employer, focused on ministry needs and worker benefits.
- Maintains and communicates an in depth understanding of complex internal policies, procedures and legal parameters that are unique to church benefit plans. This involves staying informed as products, markets, technology and legal environments change.
- Identifies new business opportunities with existing customers and provides referrals for business development to meet growth goals.
- Partners with the Ministry Consultant, Growth throughout the new business/sales process. Is responsible for the execution of the employer onboarding process; becoming the Account Manager of the relationship going forward.
- Promotes tools and resources available through Concordia Plan Services to assist ministries and their workers.
- Communicates clearly on immediate and time-sensitive matters impacting customer benefits and services.
- Leads process to solve high severity requests, complex challenges or issue escalations relating to assigned customers.
- Coordinates the involvement of internal CPS staff, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline, preferred.
- Two years of account management experience, preferred.
- Experience with employee benefits, financial services or similar field, preferred.
- Active member in good standing of an LCMS congregation, preferred.
- Professional benefits or sales designations / certifications, preferred.
- Current knowledge of health, death, disability, and retirement (defined benefit and defined contribution) benefits, preferred.
- Travel requirement: Overnight domestic travel up to 50%, higher during peak business cycles required, (including weekends).
- Ability to anticipate and explore customers’ needs and match them with appropriate products and services.
- Highly organized and motivated to meet demands of the role.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to articulate information accurately and clearly in person, over the phone and in writing, and to reflect CPS values (integrity, compassion, excellence, stewardship, accountability) in all internal and external communications.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to the organizational mission (“To ‘walk together’ with LCMS ministries in caring for workers and their families.”) by applying concepts and principles of the Integrity Service program or similar values-based customer service program; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings (one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and senior management); intermediate training coordination and facilitation skills.
- Ability to navigate effectively in highly regulated industry and with complex organizations required; experience navigating LCMS structure and operations, preferred.
- Steadfastly pushes self for results; self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision; maintains focus on organizational goals.
- Interacts effectively with a wide variety of people; respectful and maintains the dignity of others; amicable; fosters differing opinions and values input from various perspectives.
- Participates fully on assigned and adjunct teams; fosters a collaborative spirit; builds collaborative networks with internal staff and vendor representatives.
- Effective user of systems and collaborative tools (websites, social media, SharePoint); skilled in use of MS Office suite.
- Is energized by change and welcomes new opportunities; quickly learns and adapts to change; personal maturity to evaluate and manage uncertainty and stress effectively; ability to blend creativity and improvisational thinking with sensitivity to tradition and history.
- Account Manager, Growth does not have direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.