FAMILY SERVICES, INC
Office Specialist (Floater)
Operations Manager for Behavioral Health & Privacy Officer
This position provides 3 days of clerical support and coverage to our Behavioral Health Centers. The home base location would be in the Rhinebeck Center unless clerical coverage is needed in our other Dutchess county behavioral health centers sites.
Enthusiastically supports, practices and communicates agency’s mission and statement of values.
Our mission is to help families and individuals help themselves through direct services, collaboration, and advocacy.
Our Agency Values
Integrity - Being honest and trustworthy
Compassion – Extending empathy and understanding to others
Hope - Believing in the strength of the human spirit and heart, to emerge and thrive in the face of challenge
Diversity – Promoting a vision of community comprised of wide-ranging assets
Respect - Treating all individuals with dignity and without judgement
Community - Recognizing and reinforcing the importance of our world as being comprised of people of differing strengths and perspectives
Justice – Promoting social and economic equity and fairness
Quality – Striving for excellence in every aspect of our work
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and one year of full time clerical work experience, or completion of a clerical training program which includes an internship.
The position varies weekly due to the needs of coverage in the centers. While actual duties and days vary according to center needs, the incumbent performs a number of duties, including greeting and scheduling patients and visitors, calling patients to remind them of appointments, collecting copays and service fees, answering and routing calls and keeping paperwork organized. In addition, the incumbent provides a variety of routine clerical services such as filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing, maintaining office supplies, sorting and distributing mail and other similar activities. The work is performed under generally well established procedures, with most independent judgment being exercised while performing reception type duties. This position does not supervise other employees, but may direct the work of interns, temporary employees and other lower level employees.
The following is indicative of the level and types of activities performed by incumbents in this title. It is not meant to be all inclusive and does not preclude a supervisor from assigning activities not listed which could reasonably be expected to be performed by an employee in this title.
- The primary role of the Office Specialist is scheduling which includes checking clients in and out.
- Running report for reminder phone calls for future appointments.
- Perform skilled keyboarding and accurate data entry in a fully integrated electronic medical record system; Performs reception work, including providing routine information concerning Center procedures and services, collecting fees, referring callers to appropriate staff and taking detailed messages.
- Accurately records daily fee collection including service fees, co-pays, deductibles and invoice payments.
- Reviews records and documents for completeness, compliance with standards and for accuracy;
- Scans and files materials in record system in accordance with guidelines; pulls records for use by staff or disposition to storage or destruction;
- Maintains records of time and benefit usage, employee certification and training;
- Provide coverage at other clinics within the agency as requested.
- Adhere to prescribed privacy practices and HIPAA regulations to protect the security of our clients and their medical records and ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and required formats necessary to recognize and correct such errors in correspondence, records and reports;
- Knowledge of software packages for word processing to produce a variety of information and for database management to track information;
- Knowledge of office practices necessary for interacting with staff and the public, processing work flow, and filing and retrieving information;
- Knowledge of arithmetic to verify calculations and report on work activities;
- Skill in operating office automation equipment sufficient to produce work accurately and efficiently;
- Ability to learn and work within procedures and guidelines;
- Ability to provide basic information and direction to clients, public and others;
- Ability to collect and record fees;
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and supportive working relationships with all members of the clinical and clerical staff; informs Clinic Director of relevant clinical and administrative issues; consult appropriately; actively support program goals and system improvements/changes.
- Personal characteristics necessary to perform the duties of the position;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Floating between Dutchess County Centers as needed. Centers are located in Poughkeepsie, Beacon, Rhinebeck, Millbrook, and Dover Plains.
Centers are open from 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Centers are also open on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 9:00am – 7:00pm. *Note* Times can vary only if office coverage is needed. If office coverage is needed in other clinics there could be a possibility of working in another clinic for a day.
$14.43/Hour – 21 to 28 Hours/Week (Part-Time)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Legal/ID Shield and Pet Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Supplemental life insurance & accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick, and personal time
- Supplemental insurance through AFLAC Employee assistance program (EAP)