Texas Tech Health Sciences Center Managed Care is currently seeking a Part Time Dental Hygienist for the Preston Smith Unit in Lamesa, TX. Hours are from 7am- 3:30pm, working 3 days Monday through Thursday.
TTUHSC Managed Care has a partnership with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to provide all medical healthcare, behavioral healthcare and dental services for units through northwestern Texas. Our sector includes 23 units in 18 geographical locations, with Regional offices located in Lubbock, Amarillo and Abilene, Texas. All of our benefits eligible positionsoffer excellent benefits and outstanding retirement options which includes a pension plan!
This position is responsible for performing dental prophylactic services and providing education for the prevention and control of dental disease. Work is performed under supervision of dentist. Work is performed in usual clinic conditions; requires a high degree of contact with patients.
- Professionally cleans teeth including scaling and polishing.
- Practices infection control according to policy and procedure manual.
- Demonstrates oral hygiene instructions to patients using models to show proper methods of brushing teeth and gums, also use of flosser devices.
- Maintains records and reports on patients.
- Exposes and develops dental x-rays.
- Performs dental cavity preventative treatment.
- Complies with TDCJ and TTUHSC Policies and Procedures.
- Notifies staff to order supplies or order supplies themselves, if needed.
- Performs related duties as needed; performs duties to aid and assist dental assistant and clerk in their absense.
- Maintains ACA accreditation criteria.
- Maintains x-ray audit report manual.
- Maintains OSHA MSDS manuals.
- Security key log count.
- Triage daily dental sick calls.
- Performs daily dental chain intake.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationship with staff.
- Remains alert and participates with team to maintain security.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an approved dental hygiene training program.
- Licensed to practice dental hygiene by the Texas Board of Dental Examiners.
- One year of experience in dental hygiene.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude.
- INTEGRITY to be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday