Under the supervision of the Area Leader and is responsible for providing leadership and coordination that supports efforts to meet plant wide goals. Responsible for utilizing work instructions and standard operating procedures to ensure that correct safety, quality, and manufacturing processes are adhered to by all associates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Treats all team members with dignity and respect.
- Promotes a positive work environment as well as promotes continuous improvement activities.
- Authorized and responsible to implement a cleaning schedule with the team. Assure equipment and tools are in their proper place at the end of shift. Housekeeping issues will be a priority.
- Maintains a safe working environment including the use of PPE, and compliance with all safety rules and procedures.
- Works with other team leaders to maximize manpower during vacations and absenteeism.
- Authorized/expected to be able to perform all activities of associates within team.
- Responsible to lead daily team meetings in planning and communicating team activities for the shift.
- Authorized and responsible to prepare the daily reports.
- Authorized and responsible to instruct and train team members in their job tasks, safety, and quality requirements and to promote teamwork.
- Authorized and responsible to coordinate rotation of job assignments for team members
- Provides direction and training for team members who need to improve job skills.
- Assures administrative duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner: uptime reports, production reports, tags, checklists, etc.
- Works closely with the Area Leader to minimize machine downtime and assist in identifying root cause of issues.
- Ensures that all team members adhere to and update as needed, all Management Systems, operator and work instructions, tagging, forms and logs to maintain compliance as required.
- Communicates and coordinates the flow of information to and from other areas of the organization for the team. Coordinates the activities of council members in keeping team members informed and provides opportunities for input.
- Performs any tasks necessary to meet company goals and requirements.
A high school diploma, technical background, or the equivalent. One year experience in the designated area or related experience in an outside manufacturing experience strongly preferred. Strong forklift experience