Per Diem – Suffolk County (Port Jefferson)
New York Cancer and Blood Specialists
New York Cancer & Blood Specialists, a prominent and respected Oncology/Hematology group, is seeking a full time PET/CT Technologist to join a well-established and growing pure sub-specialty practice with academic affiliation. Practice manages a free-standing outpatient 7-days per week that provides comprehensive Cancer Care.
In this role, you will:
- Perform ordered examinations of appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the individual site reading Physician.
- Maintain patient care, comfort and safety during the exam.
- Administer radiopharmaceuticals according to site-specific protocols under guidance and approval of site Physician.
- Complete and sign the Patient Screening form and reviews/explains the procedure to the patient.
- Provide images to the facility in the desired site format.
- Perform equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems
- Maintain all documentation as needed for NRC.
- Follow quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Cooperate with facility healthcare professionals and complies with facility policies/procedures.
- Comply with all safety policies and regulations including radiation safety.
- Maintain all nuclear doses, counter reading and counter wipes and record as applicable.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Hours: Monday – Sunday.
Locations: East Setauket and Southampton
- Successful completion of an approved nuclear medicine program.
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and / or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
- Computed Tomography (CT) Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and / or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB). CT Certification required.
- New York State License in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Operating knowledge of personal computers and medical charting systems.
- Excellent time management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to produce high quality special imaging with little supervision.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- GE PET/CT Experience is a plus.
PET/CT Technologist, please email resume to our corporate headquarters:
Robert Nicoletti - Chief Human Resources Officer
New York Cancer & Blood Specialists
1500 Route 112, Building #4
Human Resources Department
Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
Fax #: (631) 675-5066
Email: apakal@ nycancer.com
Visit our website at: nycancer.com and follow us on Facebook.
New York Cancer and Blood Specialists is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time