San Antonio, TX
Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, provides safe, quality care for military service members, their families, veterans and civilian emergency patients. Both inpatient and outpatient services are provided by approximately 8,500 staff members, including active duty military personnel, Public Health personnel, federal civilians, contract employees, and volunteers. The central part of the medical center is San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC), the largest military hospital providing safe, quality, evidence-based care for up to 425 military and civilian inpatients. As the sole verified Level I Trauma Center within the Department of Defense (DoD), BAMC simultaneously provides emergency services during 80,000 Emergency Department visits annually and serves as the premier medical readiness training platform for both the Army and the Air Force.
We are seeking a qualified board certified Internal Medicine physician to work with the Department of Medicine providing full time Hospitalist coverage at SAMMC.
- Provide hospitalist service at San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC), JBSA Fort Sam Houston, Texas, Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center (WHASC), Ft. Sam Houston Primary Care Clinic, Taylor Burke Health Clinic (TBHC), Camp Bullis TX, Randolph AFB Clinic (RAFBC), and the Community Based Medical Home (CBMH) Schertz TX. The primary performance location is SAMMC.
- Support the Department of Medicine in any hospital location to include the inpatient wards, emergency department or outpatient clinics, to enable the provision of medicine services.
- Provide hospitalist services at a high level of quality alongside various medical personnel throughout the hospital.
- Work with network participants in order to appropriately manage services for the beneficiaries.
- Perform services under the control and general supervision of the Chief of the Department of Medicine or his/her designated government representative.
- Comply with all government requirements in relationship to HIPPA and SHARP.
- Must be a MD or DO board certified in Internal Medicine.
- Must have and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine from one of the 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, or US Virgin Islands and shall be able to obtain clinical
privileges to practice medicine with the applicable MTF credentials committee.
- Maintain all certifications required of the position as well as meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Shall have current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by way of an American Heart Association approved training program.
- Must meet all the required credentials and stipulations of practice as described in the hospital Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing the contract services.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- Shall possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a variety of patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be a US Citizen
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions provides support services and project support personnel to our Government and industry partners. Our highly skilled experts support and supplement the mission, expertise, and skill sets of our clients. Utilizing our customer-intimate approach, we partner with our clients to provide strategic solutions that maximize the use of human and financial resources to ensure that mission-critical projects are completed on time and within budget.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com”. This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.