McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
Project management position, working with area property asset manager and national RE team within a general geographical area to optimize PLACE and to align goals with the corporate strategies. Optimizing PLACE is defined as enhancing customer experience, convenience, and relevance by optimizing the marketplace through new site development and the existing real estate portfolio, and maximizing system profits, regional income and return on investment. Is accountable within a general geographical area for all construction related activities. Key Customers include the restaurant customers, Regional Leadership, Development Team, O/O's, McOpCo and Regional Staff.
- THIS ROLE IS REMOTE AND CANDIDATE CAN BE BASED IN MARYLAND, WASHINGTON DC, VIRGINIA OR NORTH CAROLINA*
- Works with Real Estate Managers to prioritize development opportunities to ensure best use of capital (e.g., timing, funding and returns) within the region. (e.g., design possibilities, project budget estimates)
- Helps to create, manage, and execute the development plan to meet portfolio returns and goals of the Development team.
- Ensures quality control standards for construction (e.g., costs, timing, site & building design layout, specifications)
- Works with US Restaurant Design Group to ensure consistency and applies Gold Site Development Standards to optimize the site development processes (e.g., site layout, zoning, signage, building capacity).
- Monitors and controls the construction process by coordinating the efforts of others (e.g., contractors, attorneys, architectural and engineering consultants, government agencies).
- Negotiates terms and conditions of construction agreements (e.g., price, timing).
- Provides construction and design recommendations for specific elements of reinvestment plans (e.g., exterior enhancements, drive-thru enhancement, capacity, brand standards)
- Reinforces and supports the reinvestment standards to Franchise Operators throughout the reinvestment process which sometimes includes coordination and management of entire construction process (plans, bids, permits, construction, and project close-out)
- Supports the Property Manager, Asset Manager and Real Estate Manager in ensuring resolution of construction related property issues (e.g., common area maintenance, condemnations, excess property, easements)
- Ensures resolution of physical plant and infrastructure issues.
- Provides effective consulting and maintains effective working relationships with regional leadership, Franchise Operators, other McDonald departments, alliance partners and other outside organizations
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- Bachelor’s degree – Construction Management, Architecture or Civil Engineering.
- Strong Technical and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel.
- Preferred candidate should reside within the Knoxville market.
- Estimated Travel: Over 30%.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.