UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center - Montlake, UW Medical Center - Northwest, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest. UW Medicine - Northwest is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are: The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award; The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award; The Stroke Care Excellence Award; Winner of the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medical Center - Northwest has an outstanding opportunity for a Scheduler - DI/OR (Full-Time, Day Shift).
Receives orders, verifies enough information to schedule exams, checks for insurance eligibility and may request insurance authorization. The use of multiple software programs is required to facilitate the orders. Excellent communication skills are required for this position. A scheduler may be on the telephone many hours of the day.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Exam Scheduling includes but is not limited to:
- Schedule and confirm imaging exams/ procedures
- Act as a resource for scheduling problems
- As necessary for exam scheduling, communicates patient information to appropriate departments and to radiologists, including preliminary appropriateness screening and lab tests
- Act as primary contact with patients, offices and physicians in coordinating diagnostic services for all Diagnostic Imaging modalities
Patient Records and Order Management includes but is not limited to:
Miscellaneous Support, includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinate ordering lab tests if needed as a prerequisite to imaging procedures
- Obtain necessary patient information from referring provider office
- Screen for patient insurance eligibility
- Screen for exam authorization requirements
- Accurately input data into computer databases
- Knowledgeable in the use of multiple information systems
- Prioritize work and completes work in a timely manner; able to multi-task effectively
- As assigned, perform department open and closing duties
- Gather information and mails packets to patients
- May support Day Surgery with packets of information as directed by protocol
Reception, Customer Service and Support includes but is not limited to:
- Answer telephone using defined etiquette standards; routes calls and messages
- Answer questions and follow through on inquiries
- Facilitate and act as a positive liaison between departments
- Assist with training new staff members
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and anatomy preferred.
- Able to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment and perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good communication, organization, customer service, and public relations skills.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit/department.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two years Patient Services Specialist 2 experience OR equivalent education/experience
- At least two years of relevant clerical or customer service experience (preferably in a hospital or clinic setting).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Typing: 25 wpm with accuracy required, verified via pre-employment testing.
- Other computer skills: Data entry skills required.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.