- Escorts/ transports client to room or other location using wheelchairs or other ambulatory device.
- Prepares client, equipment and supplies for specific procedures/examinations; instructs/assists client in removing articles of clothing, jewelry and related items; Assists client to/from exam table.
- Observes and provide oral and written communication to site supervisor or other supervising nurses, Program Director and/or Medical Director regarding changes in client condition or behavior.
- Complete first 4 tabs in DPC encounter Vitals/UA, PFSH, ROS, HPI_Subjective, captures charges on A&P tab. Sign off charge slips.
- Delete DPC encounter for no show patients and chart reassign prescriptions
- Respond to emergency situations with sound judgment, compassion and expediency. Take appropriate action/inaction when clients lose emotional/physical control.
- Responsible for performing front and back office duties of a Medical Assistant, answering phones, returning patient calls, scheduling appointments, scanning, and outbound referrals. Assist with client medication verifications to include faxing ROI and / or calling the prescriber.
- Floats in between Providers if needed.
- Attend all scheduled staff activities.
- Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary; identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment.
- Maintains an organized and safe work and client environment, adhering to the clinic’s Safety, Risk Management and regulatory standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
- Certified Medical Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)