Sims-Lohman is a family-owned distributor of cabinets and fabricator of granite and quartz countertops. Our legacy of developing trusted relationships within the building industry has helped our business evolve and grow over the last 49 years. This is a fantastic time to join our team. We have consistently ranked among the fastest growing companies in America on the Inc. 5000 list. We provide our Team Members a competitive salary and benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverages and a 401(k) plan.
There is no better time to join our exciting and fast-growing organization.
The Installation Manager provides overall leadership and management to the Granite countertop installation function, ensuring a location’s objectives are met for safety, service, quality and cost.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable team members with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Drive the safe operation of the install teams within the service area
2. Provide day-to-day overall leadership and management to the Field Service Managers, Field Service Techs, and Sub-Contractors.
3. Create the daily job installation schedule, along with the Production Scheduler to ensure efficiency in the weekly install schedule.
4. Monitor the completion of the daily schedule and creates Variance Report to track completed jobs and rework.
5. Create project budgets and manage project financials including projections for materials, equipment, and subcontractors.
6. Monitor all project financials, tracking planned cost vs actual job progress vs amount billed.
7. Identify and manage projects including risks to budget, schedule, quality, and overall success.
8. Work with Install team to track productivity and forecast labor needs in terms of schedule and budget.
9. Work with Operations and Sales to deliver successful projects on time and on budget with desired level of quality.
10. Provide forecast and project feedback to General Manager.
11. Review, manage, and approve subcontractor billings and set rates.
12. Provides technical expertise to direct reports on safe installation methods and techniques, as well as artisan advice.
13. Coach installation crews to maximize productivity while ensuring safe and quality work.
14. Implement innovative ideas to develop and enhance our install culture.
15. Solve problems by using judgement based upon knowledge of management policies and departmental practices and procedures
16. Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with builders and superintendents
17. Travel throughout our Southern Region to support the overall install functions
18. Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
19. Partner cross-functional team (sales and administration) to ensure success.
20. Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
21. Support attainment of department and company-wide goals
Excellent leadership and decision making skills
Proven ability to drive and attain results
Strong people management and accountability skills
Excellent performance management skills
Excellent problem solving/analysis skills
Excellent conflict management skills
Ability to gain personal credibility with team members
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to give clear directions and instructions
Excellent sense of customer service and ability to maintain/improve customer relationships
Good stress management/composure skills
Strong organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular, and manufacturing systems
This position may require up to 60% travel within a 100+ mile radius from location of facility. Company Vehicle available or personal vehicle mileage reimbursement of .58c per mile.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Secondary education business management, construction management preferred.
2. 5+ years of experience in building or construction industry preferred
3. 5+ years’ experience in residential/multi-family construction preferred
4. 5+ years’ experience managing construction team members
5. Previous experience with production builders preferred
6. Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and work well under pressure
7. 5+ years of project management experience
8. Good oral communication skills
9. Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations in a positive manner
10. Solid knowledge of the principles of residential home building helpful
11. Must possess the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
12. Strong written and verbal communication skills for complex reports and presentations
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Related keywords: manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Face masks required of all customers and employees.
- Do you have building materials or construction experience?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location