Today’s disruptive environment calls for a different mindset and a new approach to driving organizational performance. The Human Capital platform helps clients navigate today’s fragmented market and provides an embedded, agile approach. We help our clients sense the trends that are impacting their business to know, not guess. These insights help them lead from a position of confidence, extend the capability of their HR organizations, and sustain organizational performance.
Human Capital as a Service is seeking a Manager to lead our DevOps team. We are modifying existing products and are building new ones. We need someone that is passionate about designing, building, implementing, and maintaining high transaction web-based applications. Someone that knows how to lead and implement the latest DevOps process and procedures into an existing engineering tam. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
We are looking for frontrunners in the field of DevOps. You may have a Software Development background, an Operations background or you were raised in a DevOps culture from the start of your career. The field of DevOps covers a wide range of organizational design, process design and technology engineering.
Work you’ll do
- You live and breathe the DevOps/Continuous Delivery mind set and culture and will passionately evangelize and mentor client teams to shift their mindset and thinking
- You will help software developers apply good engineering practices ranging from BDD, TDD, Trunk Based Development, Clean Code, etc.
- You are intimately familiar with leading open source and .NET frameworks and tools and can work with software development and operations teams to enable DevOps automation ranging from Git, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Selenium, xUnit, and others
- Innovating and extending the existing Deloitte LEAN framework, Agile and DevOps Methodologies customized to specific client context to help them operationalize a new way of working at scale
- Lead day-to-day pilot team implementations with clients and provide a diverse set of Agile and DevOps coaching services ranging from project management, requirements, design, development, testing, environment management, change and release, and support
- Work with QA and developers to load test all applications.
- Work with Infrastructure teams to make sure all hardware is right sized for loads.
- Lead design and implementation of monitoring, alerts, and responses for all infrastructure and applications.
- Lead efforts to ensure that web applications perform to SLA requirements around the world. This includes managing website page load times across desktop and mobile devices.
- Work with Deloitte corporate security teams to ensure all code and applications meet or exceed corporate security requirements. This includes overseeing security code scans and penetration testing.
- Responsible for leading the DevOps engineers in our India office. Work closely with a large team of 30 developers and QA resources. It also includes coordination and project management of other Deloitte teams (infrastructure teams, AWS, security, legal, etc.)
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Strong DevOps tooling and automation experience
- Proficient in Agile and Test driven development
- Understand Source Code Management.
- Change management and experience with operationalizing toolchains in enterprise environment by navigating the Release, Risk & Compliance and Change management processes.
- Understanding of IT Operating Model implications
- Proficiency with applying different SDLC methods including Agile, Scrum, XP, RUP and Kanban
Advanced knowledge/experience with Monitoring & Alerting tools.
Advanced knowledge of performance testing tools.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project required.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: both written and verbal are required.
- A willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (Monday – Friday)
A willingness to work overlap hours with teams in India.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Bachelors Degree
- Expertise in Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment, Automated Provisioning, Automated Testing.
- Proficient in cloud transformation on anyone of: AWS, Azure or Google
- Understanding of many technologies to support these principles, like Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, XL Deploy, Chef, Salt Stack, Puppet or any other tool in the same category and actively research and experiment with new technologies like Docker, Packer, Consul, Kubernetes, CoreOS and many more.
- Technical skills to set up high quality delivery pipelines.
- Consultancy skills to get the whole team aligned with the technical choices and the new direction.
About Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital as a Service
Human Capital as a Service (HCAS) is focused on developing and delivering a Human Capital Platform of products and research, enabling digital organization and helping clients improve their performance and better adapt to disruption in their business. HCAS delivers insights to clients through a modern, digital destination for employees, managers, and HR Professionals. This offering helps organizations to move faster, adapt quickly, learn rapidly, and embrace a dynamic workforce.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.