EMR Smith Industries, one of the oldest and largest privately held Scrap Metal Recycling Companies on the East Coast is looking to add to our team, by hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our College Park, MD location.
Position is full time, with full benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time off
- Company phone
- Paid Holidays
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs heavy duty trucks, including roll-off trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Experience: Two year(s) of relevant work experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Highly competitive pay for the right candidate with the right experience. We are in need of this position ASAP, so do not delay in applying. Looking to interview candidates right away.
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver's License
- CDL Class A