Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering rooftop solar service to homeowners within and outside the United States through our network of local sales and installation partners. Our mission is to change the energy industry by providing the choice of low-cost, worry-free solar power that generates long-term savings for our customers and continued business growth for our partners.
The primary role of the IT Support Specialist is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests, configuring and supporting desktops/laptop computers, and provisioning and managing user accounts among several internal systems.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process from ticket to completion.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Create and manage new user accounts among several internal systems.
- Maintain timely and accurate help desk request records using ticketing system.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Monitor licensing utilization and hardware inventory.
- Test pending software updates.
- Prepare progress reports for all work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 Administration with Active Directory (Provisioning, Group Policies, OU, scripting, etc.) and Systems Management tools
- Experience configuring and trouble-shooting desktops, laptops, and other office peripherals.
- At least 6+ years experience in a IT support role
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10/pro/enterprise and Apple OS for iPad/Mac
- Experience with PC imaging and desktop management including application deployment and driver and .MSI file updates – SCCM and/or MS iTune
- Experience with administering Office 365 – MS Teams, Excel, OneDrive and/or SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service is required.
- Prior experience supporting desktops, laptops, and other technology in an office setting is essential.
- Qualified candidates will possess strong written, and oral communication skills, and a willingness to “do whatever it takes” with high energy within a collaborative team environment.
- Basic knowledge of telephony systems. Ability to provision and setup new phones.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting smart phones (Android, iOS).
- Previous experience utilizing a help desk ticketing system to record and track customer reported incidents.
- Excellent communications skills and high degree of professionalism
- Experience testing new software releases including internally developed systems.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other cloud solutions preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Location: Houston, TX
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.