Atlantic Coast Landscape Company is seeking a talented Landscape Estimator/Project Manager to lead our install team in New Bern, NC. This candidate must have received formal education and professional field experience in the green industry. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, provide creative, problem solving ideas, and most importantly satisfy customer needs, wants, and expectations. This individual will be responsible for the estimating and sales of residential and commercial landscaping projects.
We are seeking a self-motivated, internally driven individual with exemplary communication skills, strong business focus with an above average ability to deliver on commitments and expectations. The Estimator/Project Manager is an experienced sales person, very detailed oriented and a great listener. Knowledgeable in areas of Landscaping, Horticulture, Maintenance, Landscape Design and Estimating. Responsible for closing prospective client lead sales and generating repeat business to meet revenue and profit goals. Works closely with Crew Leaders to monitor the installation/services and customer’s perception and attitudes towards the services provided. The EPM identifies and tracks any specific customer preferences or requests for service and immediately works to provide solutions to any customer complaints.
Job Responsibilities Include;
- Qualifies leads to learn about project, budget, and evaluate if we are a good match.
- Maintains a company-owned CRM database of current customers, prospective customers, and past customers to support the marketing and sales effort.
- Listens carefully to client’s needs and works with designer/architect to present a landscape design plan that meets client’s specifications and budget.
- Prepares and presents proposals in complete and professional manner, according to company standards.
- On large and complex projects conducts site inspection and assessment with Estimators/Designers and/or Production Management to determine soil type, slope, drainage, exposure, current plants, site conditions, lighting, the view, and architecture style of existing structures, features, roads, and utilities that will affect project.
- Maintains record and tracking of all proposals in progress and timely follow-ups to maximize sales opportunities
- Hardscape - the ability to take field measurements and accurate elevations for proposed grading plans and solutions to site conditions. Ability to understand, design and build both masonry and segmental applications to include but not limited to walls, steps, outdoor kitchen areas, patios, and drive ways.
- Outdoor lighting -the ability to design, estimate and install a professional outdoor lighting system.
- Planning the finished product, tying in new features with current ones, by sketching it to scale. These drawings will be very detailed, down to the window and door placement on the buildings.
- Proficient in Pro Landscape, AutoCAD, DynaScape, Photo Shop, Sketch UP or similar programs a plus.
- Oversees progression of the project to working closely with the crew leader, sub contractors, vendors, etc., to ensure that it is going as planned.
- Keeping records, including everything from correspondence to reports.
- Maintain keen awareness and provides candid feedback on customer relationship and the customer’s perceptions of the product and service being provided, to maximize customer retention.
- Communicate to appropriate parties any problem areas and work to find immediate resolution.
- Anticipate customer needs with positive solutions in a timely manner, assists in the sales of change orders and extra contracted work.
- Is aware of billing and collection status on all projects/customers.
- Advises on credits or collections and works with office administrator, customer to get any collection issues resolved for work sold.
- Complies with and assures all company safety procedures are followed
- Manages multiple projects according to company procedures, goals, and values.
- Manage sub-contractors i.e. contracts, terms, scope of work, schedule, progress, payment requests.
- Ensures key performance indicators (gross profit, project budget) are reported on time to company standards.
- Prepares project start plans.
- Supervises, trains, disciplines, and evaluates all direct report staff.
- Completes and maintains all required reports, forms, and logs to track estimates, requests for information, field changes, and purchase and delivery schedules.
- Conducts regular job site inspections.
- Ensures all work and materials comply with specifications, timelines, and budget.
- Complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Understands the relationship between job quality and customer service, satisfaction, and retention.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Represents Company at various events, organizations, and associations for the purpose of building relationships that lead to new business.
- Acts in capacity of Company representative and develops community ties to enhance public image and brand of the Company.
- Maintains positive relations with other companies in the industry and related industries.
- Participates in various industry associations to increase knowledge of marketplace, sales opportunities, the competition, selling techniques and best practices.
- Bachelors in Horticulture, Landscape Design, Architecture, Contracting, Business, or related field
- Project Management experience.
- Minimum 2 years Landscaping or Construction Sales experience
- Strong knowledge of Plants, Disease, and Pests - Certified Plant Professional preferred!
- Field experience in landscape and hardscape design/build with sales presentation experience
- Outdoor Living Design & Installation Experience
- General understanding of site construction including drainage and grading
- Strong CRM, Microsoft Office software skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Fast Learner, strong team player, self-directed and requires minimal direct supervision
- Organizational skills, oral & written communication, and a positive team attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours that includes some weekends
- Must wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten-hour day.
- Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc.
- Must have knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug screen.
- This is a full-time salary position and offers discretionary bonus pay based on individual and team accomplishments. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer competitive compensation and advancement opportunities Company Contribution IRA Savings Plan, Health Care Benefits, Vacation, Training
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscaping or Construction Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)