Currently seeking a pipe welder with shipboard and industrial experience. Weld test will consist of CUNI socket test, CUNI butt weld test, Carbon Steel butt weld with 309 filler metal. The butt weld test will be in a 6G or 6GR position. Must have a minimum of 5 years commercial/naval experience as a First Class Pipe Welder.
- Multi-pass all position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) and GMAW/MIG (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
- Ability to fuse inserts and/or open root to weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
- Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
- Heating - oxygen/propane heating torch.
- Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges and a six-inch scale.
- Pipe weld, stick weld, tig weld.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a clear background to gain entrance into any shipyards or bases and obtain a DBIDS credential.
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN FOR THIS POSITION.
Advex Corporation located in Hampton, Virginia, established in 1969, is a manufacturing company that supports the defense industry. We specialize in machining, fabrication and welding of Aircraft Carrier and Submarine components. Advex is seeking talented individuals to become part of our team. If you desire to work in a stable environment that will utilize your knowledge and challenge your capabilities, Advex has a position for you. We have a significant backlog of work that requires skilled personnel to help Advex achieve our customer’s expectations. Our mission is to have each and every one of our employees be an integral part of the team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $34.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hampton, VA 23666: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Commercial/Naval experience as a first class pipe welder: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person