The Service Desk Specialist must possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. The Service Desk Specialist is required to meet contract Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for incident Response, Update, Handoff, and Resolution times. The Service Desk Specialist must follow published Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Knowledge Base Articles (KBAs), but may also be called to perform additional activities, developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Must contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Responds and diagnoses problems through discussion with users and hands-on assistance.
- Provides on-site support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to tickets assigned by Tier 1.
- Ensures all assigned tickets are updated and moving towards a successful resolution in a manner that meets or exceeds SLAs.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors tickets to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to users’ applications or hardware issues.
- Interacts with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Performs Moves, Adds and Changes (MAC)
Travel is required, up to 50%. Selectee may be required to drive their personal vehicle to various nearby government locations (up to four hours away), to provide on-site support. Travel will be reimbursed.
Required: (or can obtain within 60 days of hire) Microsoft Office Specialist certification for Office 2007 or later.
Required: One of the following. ITIL v3 Foundations, Help Desk Institute's HDA, CSR, or other IT industry certification.
- Microsoft network or enterprise support
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 365
- NetIQ Directory Resource Administrator (DRA)
- Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Cisco AnyConnect
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Junos Pulse
- NetScreen VPN
- BMC Remedy 7.5 or 8.1 employing Incident Management (IM), Knowledge Repository (KR), Service Request (SR), Problem Management (PM), and Service Level (SL) modules.
At least 2 years of current experience in participating in a desk-side support environment.
NuAxis is an IT Services firm providing innovative solutions to the U.S. Federal Government using state of the art technologies, architectures, and life cycle management. We are a Certified Microsoft Partner with extensive Microsoft technologies experience. Our services portfolio includes Project Management, Application Development, Infrastructure Management, and Security Management. We offer competitive salaries, an attractive benefits package, and the opportunity to learn from experts.
High technology small business with long-standing U.S. Federal Government experience * Visionary executive leadership * Expert professional services team comprised of highly skilled engineers and software developers * Rapid growth over the last several years
NuAxis Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/ W/M/IWD/PV. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation