Irrigation Sales Opportunity in North Central California
Bermad, Inc. is a progressive technology company providing a complete integrated irrigation management solution allowing growers to increase production, profit and cost efficiency. Bermad, Inc. is farmer and grower centric offering its customers advanced control solutions with a brain, specially created for irrigation. Utilizing the widest range of innovative Ag-Tech products, Bermad, Inc. assists growers and farmers to achieve superior yields for efficient irrigation, and optimal resource management, managing water and nutrients, while conserving and protecting the environment
- Madera County to Sacramento County, across California
- Base plus commission and incentives
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for Regional Sales Manager in Ag Irrigation Technology
- Technical experience in the agriculture irrigation market.
- Knowledge and experience of the irrigation industry.
- Effective solution selling abilities.
- Experience in conducting product seminars to large professional groups; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, accountable, able to work independently and handle multiple projects through to completion, from the road and home office.
- Proficient in standard business office software (Microsoft Office), CRM software, CAD programs is an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor.
- Able to perform financial calculations, forecasting, create and manage budgets.
Education and Experience required for Sales Manager in Ag Irrigation Technology
- BA in an engineering or technical discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years in a similar role with familiarity in irrigation.
Primary Responsibilities of Regional Sales Manager in Ag Irrigation Technology
- Responsible for the total management of sales activities in the territory, include but not limited to providing sales, marketing, and technical support, product/technical information, engineering specifications, technical submittals and trouble-shooting assistance to dealers, consulting engineers, end-users, and other sales representatives.
- Responsible for establishing and developing Bermad's customer base, for achieving the sales goals and objectives
- Responsible for following all the procedures accordingly with Bermad’s general guidelines, designed to meet or exceed corporate goals.
- Pro-active and accountable regarding technical sales and marketing activity in order to promote and integrate Bermad’s integrated solutions to customers in the territory.
- Providing pre- and post-sales, support starting from project request through implementation of integrated solutions to customers and end users, up to troubleshooting and service the projects when already in use.
- Provide technical consulting on Bermad’s products to prospective irrigation customers, designers, architects, and engineers; provides answers and influences specifications to achieve sustainable competitive advantage through proof-of-concepts; creates sample codes, participates in project startups, and post-installation support.
- Manage and supports the dealers, and distribution accounts, by making joint sales calls, presentations, and taking part in local trade shows.
- Maintain price and product lists updated with the purchasing departments of the distribution network.
- Make field service calls to end users and growers within the region.
- Present and actively promote Bermad's products through technical seminars.
- Ensure adequate feedback is received from the customers, regarding both the need for new products and required product improvements, by consistently identifying new business opportunities at existing and potential customers.
- Monitor key client and industry actions.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of competitors, their products, and activities.
- Participate in establishing expense budgets for the territory, estimates future sales goals and prepares quarterly sales forecast.
- Continuously reviews status of outstanding proposals with clients and end-users.
- Handle customer inquiries as needed in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Actively search for improvements in the selling process for cost reduction, improved efficiencies, and higher safety and quality.
- Travels within the territory with overnight stays.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Updated: April, 14, 2019
Bermad, Inc. does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products. It is Bermad’s, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant Ag Irrigation Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule