Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials and/or services from suppliers. Prepares and evaluates supplier quotations and services to determine the most competitive solution based upon a total cost of ownership. Independently conducts multiple complex sourcing projects. Ideal candidate will have experience with global markets and suppliers and will understand the cost elements, market drivers, forecasting methods, modeling tools, and statistical analysis to develop and drive strategic sourcing of this category.
1. Manage all Purchasing Duties
2. Domestic and International Sourcing
3. Purchase Order Generation and Monitoring Functions
4. Conduct Line Reviews
5. Price and Contract Negotiations
6. Identify and qualify new vendors
7. Measure, report, and improve vendor performance
8. Attend some tradeshows to find new sources and vendors
- NOTE: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks which are illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed or assigned by this position.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Act as purchasing representative for all food concepts
2. Knowledge of inventory automation systems
3. Leverage our consolidated buying power into a competitive advantage
4. Organize and execute purchase orders in a timely, accurate and effective manner
5. Execute daily, weekly and seasonal product strategies
6. Manage relationships with vendors to assure we are achieving service goals
7. Provide Chefs and Supervisors with order specifics and period forecasts
8. Resolve product receiving problems quickly, accurately and fairly to ensure vendor credits are written and reflected in invoicing
9. Communicate market conditions and trends to Chefs and support teams regarding availability/pricing of specific product and provide alternatives to keep cost saving measures in place
10. Create and update information as needed in system database
11. Review performance of assigned commodities weekly
12. Stay apprised of regional and local buying throughout the year
13. Special projects as assigned by Purchasing Team
1. The work environment for Assistant Purchasing Supervisor includes the following large kitchen environment elements and exposures
a. Fast paced office
b. Fast paced kitchen
c. High sense of urgency
d. Moderate to high noise level
e. Slippery/uneven surfaces may be encountered
1. Commitment to the Culinary Team’s value of quality and excellence to our customers
2. 2-years of relevant industry experience
3. Ability to implement experience to ensure cost-saving, while not sacrificing quality
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge to create mathematical formulas, filters and sorting to analyze data
6. Strong understanding of product terminology and industry standards
7. Strong negotiation skills
8. Proven track record of success, including team development and program development
9. Ability to teach, mentor and overcome challenges with varying personalities
10. Excellent negotiation skills
11. Must have and maintain an active ServSafe Managers Certification.
1. Some heavy lifting (may lift 10-50 lbs.) and possible moving of equipment required
2. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision
3. Standing, walking, bending/twisting, and balance are all required to perform job task
4. Extended periods of sitting and standing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under The Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer FlagShip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.