Position: Superintendent – Heavy Highway
Reports to: General Superintendent
Location: Mandeville, LA.
Job Type: Full Time
Command Construction Industries LLC is looking for an experienced Project Superintendent to join our existing team. Candidate qualifications and primary responsibilities are as follows:
Qualifications & Skills:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in Heavy Highway & Roadway Construction Industry and Municipality experience.
· Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines.
· Ability to manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
· Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
· Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
· Familiar with local DOT standards.
· Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook. Field tracking software experience a plus.
· OSHA 30 hour training.
· Manage and oversee the construction and activities associated with the construction of a heavy highway/heavy civil project.
· Ensure project completion on time, within budget, and per the project plans and specifications.
· Enforce company policy as it relates to safety and quality.
· Direct and coordinate subcontractor activities.
· Work with operations manager to ensure adequate manpower and equipment is allocated to the project.
· Work with project management to derive construction schedules, progress estimates, change orders, and report work completed to date.
· Able to read plans and perform material and quantity estimates for various phases and scopes of work to be completed.
· Work with Project Managers to achieve positive results.
· Maintain daily progress reports.
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Highway and Civil Projects: 5 years (Required)
- local DOT Standards: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply