Must apply at www.ormondbeach.org/jobs
Under direction of the City Clerk, performs complex and varied administrative work involving the exercise of considerable independence and requiring a high level of attention to detail. Primarily responsible for maintaining accurate and official records for the City; creating and publishing online communications for the City’s website and social media platforms; and assisting the City Clerk in all aspects of the Support Services Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists City Clerk with the recording of ordinances, resolutions, contracts and deeds. Administers oaths, accepts affidavits and maintains municipal deeds, leases, agreements and other records as required.
- Maintains database of City contracts, leases, and other legal documents; coordinates with departments when action is required, including assuring that City insurance requirements are met and current.
- Assists City Clerk with preparing and transmitting legal notices to the local newspaper and verifies that each has been printed correctly and published on the proper dates.
- Assists City Clerk with conducting municipal elections and coordinates the official report of such elections. Prepares for legal advertisements and dates of advertising.
- Assists City Clerk with production and distribution of City Commission meeting agendas, minutes, and packets. Attends City Commission meetings as recording secretary with subsequent transcription of same. Works with Department Directors to prepare agenda and other related communications.
- Coordinates the appointment process for City advisory boards; maintains database of board members; and provides clerical assistance to and acts as recording secretary for various advisory boards.
- Provides administrative assistance to the City’s pension program. Performs pension transactions between the members, the City, the actuary, investment managers and custodian of pension accounts.
- Maintains the City’s website and social media accounts; assists in developing online media strategy; creates and publishes website content; provides content management training to other departments; oversees online quality and branding control.
- Creates and edits press releases, feature articles, and video content concerning city activities, programs, plans, and projects.
- Assists in preparation for, response to, and recovery from, the impacts of a wide variety of disasters or emergency situations and may be temporarily assigned to other duties, locations, and shifts.
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Promotes positive customer service environment internally and externally.
- Performs other job related functions as assigned.
Assists in overseeing Support Services administrative staff.
Education and/or Experience:
Five (5) years in public administration including experience in local government in general records management, pension records administration, and/or agenda processes; or similar field is required. Possession of, or ability to obtain, Certified Municipal Clerk certification from the International Institute of Municipal Clerk (IIMC) is desirable. A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, however, a combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Florida Sunshine Law, record retention, public notices, ethics, and other administrative laws for Florida municipalities.
- Skilled in transcribing from audio recording and preparing meeting minutes.
- Knowledge of website and social media content publishing (creating, editing, posting, updating), maintaining continuity of themes, designing layout, streamlining navigation, and increasing online presence
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with knowledge of or ability to learn specific department software programs and enterprise software system.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled hours, including evening hours on scheduled meeting days for City Commission and Advisory Boards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully meet the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Long periods of sitting and/or standing at designated work station.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,832.00 to $59,994.00 /year
- local government records: 5 years (Required)
- Valid FL driver's license (Required)
- Certified Municipal Clerk (Preferred)