Job Title: VMware NSX Expert
Location: Reston, VA
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Expertise with VMWare (Automation & Orchestration) vRealize vRA, vRO, vROPS, VMware NSX, VMware vSAN
- Expertise with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Cloud, DevOps, SDDC, Network, Security and storage experience is a big plus
- Independent, self-contained concept of complex VMware installations
- Independent, self-contained, detailed analysis of VMware requirements
- Development of complex solution statements
- Organizational concepts, statement of works, workbooks, requirements, development specifications
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Be flexible with work schedule for schedule change management activities and break-fix escalation support
- Experience in advanced network engineering and operations.
- Experience in Network and Storage virtualization.
- Experience with VMware vSphere 3,4,5,6 VMware vCenter 3,4,5,6 Experience with integration of infrastructure virtualization solutions with other platform technologies (i.e. Storage, Server, Network, Active Directory, Database other operating systems).
- Understanding of Security Standards and concepts
- Candidate should be able to architect and perform the following tasks in VMware NSX
- Cross vCenter NSX design and deployment & long distance vMotion
- Security policy design.
- NSX Routing design and sizing guidance
- Firewall security policy migration (physical FWs to NSX)
- Migrate Legacy FW standard and ecosystem rulesets for communication into NSX rules
- Design additional network tenants based on requirements
- Define cloud zones and Integrate with existing tools and ecosystems
- Adjust the NSX overlay design (VxLAN objects) to take into consideration the cloud zone schema
- NSX rule structure derivation and filtering performance
- Assess macro-segmentation design impact on the ruleset size.
- Define policy structure in order to optimize filtering performance
- Evaluate ruleset size impact on NSX performance
- NSX micro-segmentation/ application level ring-fencing (desired state)
- Identify required attributes for building micro-segmentation policies
- Derive security tags / security groups to allow application level segmentation
- Preferred knowledge on Storage platforms: Storage Area Networking (SAN), Network Attached Storage (DAS) and SSD - NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, Fujitsu, Brocade, FusionIO etc.
- Preferred knowledge on data center Infrastructure: Cisco Nexus, high-end data
- Preferred experience on vSAN design and implementation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $155,000.00 to $165,000.00 /year
- Windows: 3 years (Preferred)
- vCenter: 3 years (Preferred)
- Network: 3 years (Preferred)
- Active Directory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Linux: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Child Care benefits