Provides support with the daily activities of the organization including but not limited to filing, telephone coverage, patient registration, and referrals as needed. Ensures delivery of quality patient services through utilization of patient-focused processes, established work standards, and policies and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone and responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate area, or initiates triage slip for medical personnel response.
- Greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors with courtesy and discretion, providing exemplary customer service.
- Effectively manages calls and deals with patient requests and complaints.
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply knowledge about insurance co-pays, deductibles and other insurance related information.
- Detects and corrects errors, completes forms, obtains needed information and maintains logs and files.
WORKPLACE COMPUTERS AND EQUIPMENT
- Registers patients and verifies that patient's record is up to date and accurate. Enters appropriate changes in CPS.
- Accurately enters confidential personal health information and financial information into CPS. Verifies insurance information.
- Manages files, initiates and replies to record requests photocopies records and documents for billing and/or legal services; sends and receives information via facsimile machine or email, complying with all laws pertaining to medical records.
- Works walk in patients into schedule
COMPLIANCE QUALITY & POLICY
- Complies with federal and local patient privacy laws.
- Verifies patient and or/guardian identification.
CHECKING, EXAMINING, AND RECORDING
- Collects and applies patient payments, adjustments, and reconciles daily cash reports.
- Assists in coverage for other areas.
- Performs other tasks as needed under the direction of the lead PSR and/ or Director of Operations.
- Maintains open relationships and lines of communication with co-workers
Ability to deliver exceptional customer service by empathizing with customer/patient needs.
Skilled at working with diverse patient populations.
Analytical & Critical thinking skills needed to resolve conflicts and problem solve to meet customer needs.
Data entry skills with ability to check accuracy of detail work such as correct spelling of names, numbers, dates and times.
Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work and adapt to possible changes to plan as necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school, G.E.D. or equivalent.
One year of customer service experience.
Experience in a medical office preferred. Experience with Electronic Medical Records Systems