This person works closely with various members of the NFL Sponsorship and Ad Sales teams in tracking, driving, and analyzing the financial performance of each business unit. A successful candidate must: have a strong accounting background, solid analytical skills, be organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to handle several tasks at once, have strong communication skills (both oral and written), be able to work efficiently, and have excellent creative thinking skills. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of NFL Sponsorship & Ad Sales Finance.
- Assist in quarter-end close cycle, including preparation of journal entries, GAAP adjustments, balance sheet account reconciliations, and actuals vs. budget variance analysis
- Support business operators with operational finance and accounting workflows, including invoice processing and administration, billings for clients, new vendor management, and ad-hoc requests
- General ledger maintenance and management
- Provide key corporate finance functions for the budgeting and forecasting of P&L and cash.
- Ensure the business unit adheres to key League financial policies and procedures surrounding contracts, invoice processing, and expense reimbursements
- Recommend efficiencies / improvements to existing financial processes surrounding budgeting and forecasting, quarter-end close cycle, and other financial and accounting procedures
- Special projects and ad-hoc financial requests from the business unit as needed
Minimum of BA/BS degree from an accredited university in accounting or finance; CPA preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled