Regulatory Affairs Coordinator
Galen College of Nursing
Galen College of Nursing is looking for a Regulatory Affairs Coordinator that will support the Office of Regulatory Affairs by coordinating and organizing information in support of on-going state and federal regulatory compliance and legal requirements for the multi-state College.
Regulatory Affairs Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Organize and interpret regulatory report data
- Identify strategies for improvement in maintaining compliance requirements
- Coordinate and organize information in support of ongoing state and federal regulatory compliance, which includes preparation of annual state reports
- Obtain and maintain state authorizations or exemptions, including maintenance of NC-SARA agreement provisions
- Understand college operating procedures, institutional benchmarks, and external guidelines and benchmarks, consumer disclosures, and other required compliance elements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of accreditor and state and federal regulatory agency rules and regulations
- Ensure the College is aware of and incorporates changes in law or interpretations
- Maintain and update the College’s complaint and suggestion box logs
- Disseminate complaints, grievances and suggestions to campuses upon receipt and track follow up
- Investigate incident reports and provide follow up as needed
- Compile for campus crime statistics
- Support training programs to improve compliance with policies and regulations
- Monitor local, regional, and national publications for news and events that may impact the College
- Prepare responses for signature, summarize lengthy correspondence and follow up to ensure proper and timely action is taken
- Operate independently, assist faculty and staff in the absence of department leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Degree of Supervision:
- Minimum of an earned bachelor’s degree; additional experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in higher education or related field, including multi-location office setting. Additional experience may offset education requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, analytical abilities with high attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and organize projects to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Must be highly organized with ability to work in a team environment, multitask and prioritize projects
- Must have an ability to respect at all times the confidential nature of the work and information in the Executive’s office.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students’ success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Baccalaureate and Associate Degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website.