Roadway Design Project Manager (PE Civil)
*MUST BE LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER
We build and care about communities all across Texas. We are an employee-owned, multi-disciplined engineering consulting firm focused on regional and state surface transportation, complex public infrastructure, land development, and utility projects. We are driven with passion and expertise as a member of the communities in which we design.
Binkley & Barfield is seeking a talented, team-focused Roadway Design Project Manager to join our Austin and Round Rock offices. Your technical knowledge, relationships, and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to listen and respond to our clients’ needs while earning their trust with quality engineering solutions. BBI’s team offers industry recognized team of experts to work alongside while contributing to the engineering profession.
Roadway Design Project Manager (PE Civil) Position Requirements:
- Licensed professional engineering in Texas (or a state that reciprocates with Texas)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited United States located university
- A minimum of ten (10) years similar combined highway / roadway design and management experience
- Construction / Engineering Management experience in TX DOT or similar roadway design projects including oversight of development of roadway design bid packages for construction
- Experience managing project engineer task leaders, designers and project administrative personnel
- Management experience in client relations, budgets, invoicing and scheduling as related to the roadway design project
- Support the development of highway / roadway design services throughout the Central Texas region
- TX DOT Precertifications in various roadway design expertise is preferred
- Familiarity with Microstation and OpenRoads or InRoads.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Roadway Design Project Manager (PE Civil) Position Overview:
- Manage the design of DOT, City and County roadway infrastructure including street, storm sewer, traffic signal, signing/striping, traffic control, lighting, pedestrian and other associated infrastructure design.
- Responsible for local city and county client relations and project management.
- Coordination with other disciplines and subcontractors
- Managing project accounting and invoicing
- A working knowledge of the Austin area agency design preferences, street standards, criteria and specifications will be an important part of their role.
- Develop and maintain good client relationships with the technical and political leaders of the region's local government agencies including prospective municipal and county clientele.
- Demonstrate leadership and business development skills.
Award Winning Benefits include:
Along with paid time off, Binkley & Barfield benefits include health savings account options with affordable health insurance options; dental and vision insurance, 401K and ESOP (employee stock ownership options), as well as life insurance. With a flexible 9/80 work schedule option, BBI work/life balance is an additional employee benefit.
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional Engineer in Texas or or a reciprocal State (Required)