Temp to Perm
Part-Time (29 Hours or Less)
This position is primarily responsible for performing a range of intermediate-level clerical, accounting, and bookkeeping support functions.
- Minimum Education/Certification: A college degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required. Additional industry-related training and/or coursework would serve as an advantage.
- Required Knowledge: A basic understanding of mathematical functions, accounts payables, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Required Experience: A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of similar or related experience.
- Preferred Experience: Previous experience at a community bank of a similar size is a plus.
Must be proactive, results-driven, team-oriented, and professional. Demonstrates full ownership and accountability. Acts as a highly organized, detail oriented, analytical problem solver with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with nominal direction. Proficiency in job-related software and computer programs such as Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to hold objects; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; bend; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Learning, thinking, concentration, the ability to interact with others, the ability to exercise self-control, and the ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer and employee relations’ situations are necessary. Must have the ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Records and maintains monthly standard and non-recurring journal entries.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and provides related supporting documentation.
- Reviews, enters, and prepares accounts payables.
- May prepare accounting-related reports for the Assistant Controller and/or CFO.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller and/or CFO.
- Stays current in knowledge of products, services, and training provided by the Bank.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with external stakeholders to enhance the Bank’s image and reputation in the marketplace.
- Achieves superior levels of compliance by adhering to regulatory laws and guidelines. Compliance with regulatory laws and company procedures is a required component of all position descriptions.
- May serve on special project teams and additional assignments as business needs are identified.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned herein. Specific activities may change from time to time. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than the employment-at-will relationship.
Aquesta Bank supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.