Create & Learn
Create & Learn is an education provider for K-9 kids in computer technologies. We were founded by former tech leaders at Google and Apple who are committed to helping students build lifelong skills that position them for their futures. We promote creativity and critical thinking through our inquiry and problem-based courses in coding, artificial intelligence, data science, and more. Our courses are offered online for groups of 4-5 students and are facilitated by a live teacher.
This approach is working, and translates to our ability to expand our portfolio of course offerings. And that’s where you come in. We need industry and subject matter experts like you to help us develop age-appropriate, engaging curriculum that connects learning to real life and infuses critical thinking into a fun, project-based learning approach.
As a Course Developer, you will funnel your strong commitment to advancing computer science literacy and critical thinking skills in today’s youth to creating a new course consisting of 4 (potentially up to eight) one hour class sessions focused on Adobe Photoshop. We’ll rely on your expertise and experience to inform and impact the course and learner experiences. You’ll get lots of guidance and plenty of support from our talented, super-smart founder, but you’ll also have agency. In some cases, our developers work collaboratively with an advisor or second developer.
In this role, you will collaborate with the Create & Learn team to:
- Convert the most important concepts related to Adobe Photoshop to projects and learning outcomes in a curriculum plan that promotes critical and creative thinking
- Construct slide decks for each class session
- Identify multimedia assets to support visually appealing and engaging learning assets and experiences
- Attend regularly scheduled live collaboration meetings to review progress
- Facilitate live alpha sessions to evaluate the session drafts
- Use an iterative modular approach to curriculum development to ensure course content is polished and positioned for success at launch.
- Develop asynchronous teacher training materials including but not limited to video walkthroughs for each class session
REQUIRED SKILL SET, EXPERIENCE and APTITUDE
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to bring the following to the partnership:
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in Adobe Photoshop
- Advanced skills in navigating Photoshop, selective changes, painting and retouching, modifying images, using Photoshop layers, animating images, and the like.
- Team player - collaborates and fosters positive interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Time Management - meet deadlines and deliverable goals
- Self-starter- able to work independently, proactive problem-solver, asks probing and clarifying questions
- Commitment to an iterative design process - adaptable and flexible, open to new ideas, uses feedback and user-centered project-based design to drive development
- Previous experience in instructional design or training development
We pride ourselves in an ability to offer new learning options for the students we serve. As such, we strive to stay nimble and to develop quickly in response to what students want and need related to computer science education.
This is a contracted, compensated position. Our partnerships with course developers typically span 3-4 months start to finish depending on the number of course sessions developed.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Adobe Photoshop: 3 years (Required)
Hours per week: