Admissions Coordinator – Marketing - Healthcare
Courtenay Springs Village, a 96 bed skilled nursing facility located in Merritt Island, Florida, is seeking an experienced Admissions Coordinator to join our dedicated team. We have long term and rehab residents. We are a great place to work where our residents’ needs always come first!
Courtenay Springs Village is part of the Retirement Housing Foundation, a faith based, not for profit, mission driven, and charitable organization with over 190 locations in the US, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
Position Summary: Full Time – day shift – Alternating Weekends
- Responsible for managing the Facility’s inquiry and admission process
- Provides customers with facility – related information via facility tours, personal visits/assessments, conversations and follow-up.
- Coordinates and implements effective facility business development programs.
- Responds to inquiry calls from hospital discharge planners, families, and other referral sources.
- Effectively manages occupancy levels and census / premium mix enhancements.
- Responsible for completing the required Admission paperwork according to Federal, State and local policy.
- Develops and maintains relationships to advise referral sources of bed availability and new products and services, and efficiently meets the daily needs of the community at-large.
- Maintains current data base of existing and potential referral sources. Utilizes sales practices and tracking tools.
- Alerts appropriate department heads and building staff of projected changes; i.e., admissions, bed changes, and discharges.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the DON and the Business Office Director to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions in accordance with policy.
- Communicates special needs of new admits to staff to ensure a smooth transition.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal and state regulations and reimbursement (Managed Care, Medicare and Medicaid). Provides assistance with new associate orientations on these topics and the admission process.
- Monitors inquiry/ referral, admissions and census trends. Prepares appropriate reports/tracking logs, and other reports as required.
- Competitive salary based on years of service
- Uniform expense credit – shoes and scrubs
- Paid Holidays
- Sick, personal and vacation time
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match after 90 days employment
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- One to three years of professional experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Experience in an admission position or have previously held similar position
- Previous health care community relations experience preferred.
- Business or Marketing degree preferred
- Community relations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, reimbursement program from payer sources.
- Knowledge of managed care referral process.
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply in person:
Courtenay Springs Village
1100 S. Courtenay Parkway
Merritt Island, FL 32952
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Admissions/Marketing: 3 years