Experienced Expatriate Health Benefits Senior Client Accounts Manager (Remote)
The Senior Account Manager, Expatriate & International Benefits will report to the VP of the Global Benefits Solutions practice at Pacific Resources. The role will encompass working alongside Pacific Resources U.S. Account Executives to manage and administer the existing international employee benefit programs (expatriate, travel and some local national policies) of Fortune 500 level multinational clients. In addition, the successful candidate will also support account management teams at Brown & Brown offices across the U.S. as a subject matter expert on the international policies they jointly manage in conjunction with the Pacific Resources Global Benefits team.
Only candidates with Expatriate and International Benefits expertise will be considered.
This regular, full-time position may allow a remote work arrangement for the right candidate or could be based out of any of our hubs including Chicago, Dallas, Orlando or Boston.
- In conjunction with the VP of Global Benefits, provide clients best in class expertise in the design of expatriate, travel, and local national employee benefit solutions
- Negotiate insured, experience rated, and ASO pricing for expatriate health/life/disability renewals + international BTA/Travel Medical policies with a wide range of global benefit carriers
- Manage Marketing / RFP exercises and present clients’ executive summaries of international carriers plan designs and financials, alongside an in-depth analysis of their global service capabilities
- Oversee the implementation of new policies with the selected vendor when there has been a switch of carrier, including the necessary integration with the client’s payroll, ben admin, and mobility functions
- Provide clients and/or internal account management teams with ongoing day to day administrative support on eligibility, benefit, and claim questions, plus technical/legal/compliance issues
- Guide the Global Benefits team existing junior account manager on small to mid-market accounts and develop their capabilities in the larger group space
- Working with the VP of Global Benefit Solutions, provide wider international consulting services to US multinationals in the areas of overall global strategy and governance, benefit audits & benchmarking, new market entries, M&A projects, multinational pooling & captives, global ben admin technology, and the roll out of multi country initiatives around EAP, wellness, and voluntary benefits
- As needed by clients, oversee, coordinate, and report on the local in-country employee benefits work conducted by local broker partners in one or multiple locations
- Assist the VP of Global Benefits with positioning the practice’s value proposition, developing intellectual capital, and designing sales, marketing, and presentation collateral, plus internal education materials
Candidate Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience in an international benefits role
- In depth knowledge of administration of at least one major expatriate medical carrier
- Good awareness of the strengths and weaknesses of all the expat carriers in the US market
- Prior exposure to negotiating renewal pricing of experience rated expat accounts
- High level understanding of local national benefit provision in the major markets outside the U.S.
- Strong desire to consistently deliver high quality results to clients
- Superior analytical, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must have or work to obtain relevant insurance licenses
- A 2nd language is valued
- Only candidates with Expatriate and International Benefits expertise will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Job Type: Full-time