Electrical Engineer - Control Systems (JC)
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Develop electrical designs including detailed schematics, cable routing diagrams, panel layouts and bills of materials, etc.
- Create electrical and control system designs that comply to specifications and all applicable design standards.
- Perform engineering calculations with respect to power consumption, current capacity, shielding, signal integrity, risk assessment, etc.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineers to design a control system that will enable the automation machinery system to perform its intended function safely and reliably.
- Work cross-functionally with various groups such as R&D, production, purchasing, etc.
- Generate and modify specifications, create presentations, create work instructions
- Develop procedures of equipment qualification, installation and operations.
- BSEE or MSEE, or similar in electronics or controls technology
- 2-5 years’ experience in industrial setting
- Proficient in AutoCAD, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with applicable design standards such as UL, NFPA, SEMI, EN, etc.
- Good knowledge of PLC programming (Allen-Bradley is a plus).
- Knowledgeable in areas for s/w programming, Visual Basic, .net, C# a plus
- Ability and willingness to keep to a schedule and do what it takes to satisfy a deadline
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability and willingness to work hands-on
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to influence others with ideas using supportive data
- Willing and able to travel
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles a plus
If you are interested in this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org