Hansei Solutions is a growing, fast paced business entity with room for growth. The Verification of Benefits position is an entry level position and one of the most vital positions on the Hansei team. Hansei is looking for two new additions to our team. We offer a competitive benefits package and PTO.
Purpose: The purpose of the verification of benefits coordinator is determine and familiarize oneself with each client chart and policies/secure maximum number of insured authorization days for each client to complete treatment successfully.
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties will include, but may not be limited to:
Verification of Benefits Coordinator
- Obtain insurance information
- Call the insurance company to determine if the member's policy covers out of network substance abuse treatment
- Utilize the online portals to obtain supplemental benefit information
- Determine deductible and co-insurance information for the member's policy
- Determine if the policy covers the levels the pertinent levels of care
- Thoroughly complete the appropriate Verification of Benefits form
- Obtain a reference number for your call
- Communicate the results of your VOB to the appropriate team members
- Experience working with insurance companies.
- Working knowledge of insurance companies and policies
- 2 + years’ experience in the field of alcohol and/or other drug services preferred
- Computer competence (Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet).
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)