Join the most colorful company in the world!
At Crayola, we are for kids! We believe unleashing the wonder, adventure and daydreams of every child begins with creative play and color. Our products and experiences give colorful wings to the invisible things in the hearts and minds of children. Come help us create innovative, fun products that make kids smile by joining us as a...
Visual Content Producer
The Visual Content Producer is responsible for planning, creating, testing and managing the publishing of effective, and consumer relevant, brand visual content (photography, images, video) across key Digital and Social platforms. The Visual Content Producer will serve as a collaborative partner working with the Crayola Social and Digital Marketing, New Product Development teams, Digital account teams, Sales Teams, E-Commerce team as well as with external agencies and partners (Freelance Crafters/Makers, Photographers & Creative Influencers). Visual assets developed by, and with direction from, the Visual Content Producer must educate the consumer, via ease of comprehension, as well as provide inspiration behind key supported initiatives (Program; Product).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Visual Content Project Management:
Collaboration with Internal and External Partners:
- Lead development and production of key Crayola digital visual assets inclusive of: e-commerce Product Detail Page Visual Content, Social creative, Creative inspiration (crafting), Digital Splash Page creative
- Lead Creative Brief development for external creative partners including establishment of content style guide templates for appropriate content placement inclusive of shot list in partnership with Social Content Producer
- Evaluate partner visual agencies and or visual content creators (influencers; crafters) and negotiate SOW and manage fees within overall Visual Content budget
- Manage and build network of external Content Creators for creation and capture of compelling, clever and simple to comprehend Content (Freelance Creatives; Photographers; Videographers) in partnership with Social Content Producer
- Establish project timelines and select optimal format of visual asset/initiative and digital placement
- Lead the development, management and maintenance of overarching Visual Content Editorial Calendar that respective Social, Video and Digital editorial calendars will feed into, and disseminate to key partners ( Crayola Gallery; Crayola Digital and e-Commerce teams)
- Manage day-to-day Visual Content asset uploading into a variety of CMS platforms
- Work with Photographers (Creative or Agency) to capture creative outputs for scale across digital content platforms
Visual Content Center of Excellence:
- Collaborate closely with internal clients (Crayola Digital; Creative Packaging; Global Marketing; Sales) and stakeholders (Customers) to help facilitate the creation of effective and engaging multimedia visual content
- Partner with Crayola Digital Marketing/Social/Video Content Producer to review Visual Content Support- Review of assets developed/product and Creative Briefs
- Collaborate with Content copywriters to ensure consistency of messaging is maintained from words to visuals for optimum SEO and Conversion trending
- Ensure all visual asset development can be easily adapted for global market scale
- Assist Sales partners by publishing visual assets directly to Crayola Gallery DAM platform
- Serve as in house Visual Content “expert,” constantly keeping apprised of new visual formats, techniques and best practices. Included but not limited to: Content thematics, Content Styling and Layout, e.g. Flatlay for Social Posting, etc.
- Observe and integrate Content trends, partnering with Social Content Producer, Crayola Digital team, to identify emerging trends within the following spaces (PDP Visual Optimization Best Practices; DIY; Digital; Pop Culture; Global)
- Evaluate/audit Visual Content performance to ensure refined best practices are enveloped in continuous improvement of on-going published content; Develop performance summary analysis and recommendations by visual format type and share with key Visual Content Stakeholders
- Ensure utilization and deployment of SEO keyword best practices are enveloped and or are consistent within visual content meta data across all digital outlets (Crayola.com; e-commerce postings; Social) to yield greatest effective reach
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the creative arenas of : Graphic Design, Instructional Design or Creative asset development role, e.g. Creative Agency
- Proficiency of Visual Content programs, included but not limited to, Photoshop, Photography Art Direction and Styling, Social Publishing platforms and effective usage of MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel); Video Editing experience a plus
- Experience in a post-production editorial environment with knowledge of industry standard workflows and project management best practices
- Ability to synthesize key product features into effectively inspiring visual assets; A strong visual story teller with an Editor’s keen eye
- Expertise in consumer communications (parent or kid marketing focus preferred) and familiarity in developing visual content for e-commerce sites a plus
- Creative individual who has a passion for Design, Crafting, Home Décor or related fields with an eye for immerging trends
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to solve problems creatively, with limited time and resources
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk, use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel- Position will entail working with remote partners and leading off site photoshoots; Estimated travel during peak content production cycles could be upwards of 20-25% of time
- Kid Inspired Culture
- Casual Dress
- Free Admission to Crayola Experience for Employees
- Community Volunteerism Opportunities
- Annual Bonus Potential For All FT Employees
- Company Matched 401k & Employee Value Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Generous Product Discounts Onsite & Online
- Onsite Cafeteria & Credit Union
- Option to Purchase Additional Vacation
- Company Sponsored Employee Events
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and services – automotive, electronics, fitness, travel and entertainment
Crayola is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, use of a guide or support animal for a disability, a relationship to a person with a disability, veteran status, having a GED (rather than a high school diploma), or any other legally-protected status.
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Human Resources is responsible for all vendor relationships and establishing written contingent and retained search firm agreements. Please do not contact Crayola employees directly. All communication with search firm vendors should be directed to Human Resources.