Manager of Accounts
The Torrence Manager of Sound Video and Security System Accounts is responsible for developing a program for selling and servicing customers within an assigned customer channel. To facilitate communication between Torrence and its customers within the assigned customer channel. The Manager of Accounts will segment customers according to their characteristic, needs, buying patterns, success factors, etc. and then customize a strategy that includes goals, policies, products in the form of a sales and marketing program.
The Manager of Accounts will measure progress, success and weaknesses of the sales and marketing program and file quarterly reports to the President quantifying those metrics. The Manager of Accounts ensures that the outcome of customer projects is in best possible alignment with the customer’s stated goals and expectations and works to develop organizational changes to eliminate customer dissatisfaction and maximize customers value perception. The Manager of Accounts should strive to be a is to be a subject matter expert of the systems and industries that they serve. They will thoroughly familiarize themselves with the features, operation and technical attributes of each of the products.
- Identify and maintain a tangible list of current and potential customers.
- Secure orders for Torrence products and services through solution-based approach.
- Establish relationships within the assigned customer channel to generate new business.
- Review contracts.
- Present information about products and services to Architects, Engineers, and General Contractors, Consultants and end user customers.
- Produce electronic and physical customer facing media and conduct customer presentations.
- Host project meetings developing agenda and distribute project workbooks in accordance with standards and best practices.
- Monitor project schedules identifying action items, next steps and communicating to the team.
- Research sources for new prospective customers and quantify their potential profitability.
- Prepare clear and effective written proposals quotations for customers.
- Produce clear and effective written Scope of Work and Project Program Reports.
- Conduct and customer needs assessment using a formalized process that results in a functional design.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinate sales efforts with sales management, engineering and design, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyze market potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers.
- Provide competent and appropriate end user training.
- Contribute to completion of project close-out documents and as-built drawings.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and professional organizations.
- Prepare a variety of reports, including project status, resource utilization, risk and Gantt.
- Identify and resolve internal and (or) client concerns.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the profitability of the assigned customer channel.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close out projects.
Typical office environments with frequent travel to customer facilities including new construction sites and may require wearing personal protection equipment, attending site orientation, and background checks. Work will often require travel flexible and may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Department Manager
- Reports daily, weekly and monthly details of projects including inspection and monitoring.
- Daily activity by sign in/out, time sheets accounting for hourly activity and calendar.
- Four years of experience in the fire alarm, sound, video, and security industry.
- A post-secondary degree in engineering, construction management, or technical certification.
- Certifications from industry organizations such as NICET, BICSI, PMP from PMI.
- Possess practical problem solving, diagnostics and system troubleshooting.
- Results orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency basic computer operation in using Microsoft Office.
- Possess a current Ohio Fire Alarm and Driver’s license.
- Comply with pre-employment background checks and drug screening.
- Basic typing, reading, writing, and arithmetic normally acquired through a high school diploma.
- Maintain a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Knowledge audio visual and security systems including software applications specific to programming and maintaining these systems.
- Work local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license within 60 days of employment.
Manage customer relations.
Identify customer needs and deliver solutions in the form of quotes or proposals.
Process customer orders manage projects coordinate other trades and customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Audio Visual Systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- account management: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cleveland, OH (Preferred)