Positions are located in Clarksville, TN, USA. Relocation is required.
Company will provide airfare and temporary housing to eligible candidates relocating. Positions are full-time and permanent.
Machine Operators and Technicians are essential to our Production process. Operators utilize a Celli/Rewinder machine to slit and rewind large rolls of our non-woven materials into smaller rolls for transportation to our customers around the world. Operators must understand the various cores used and the different specifications for all product rolls, while taking care to monitor for any defects, wrap rolls with high quality, and apply labels to the rolls with correct details.
- Full-Time: Fixed 2-2-3 rotation, 12-hr shifts
- Day Shift - 7:00AM-7:00PM or Night Shift - 7:00PM-7:00AM
- Pay starting at $19-22+/hour depending on experience and education
- Night Shift eligible for $2/hour night shift bonus pay
- Double time for holidays worked
- 401(k) Plan with matching
- Paid Time Off
- $50,000 Life Insurance - paid by Avanti
- Short-term disability
- Other voluntary coverages i.e. Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the sequential Control Logic that oversees the operation of the line
- Understand the different classifications of cores used, such as core thickness, core diameter etc.
- Know all the specifications used to define the product rolls such as length, weight, diameter.
- Utilize the Avanti software to log in specific details and product specifications.
- Actively watch the material running to identify any defects; must be able to identify the various types of defects.
- Responsible for flagging sections of jumbo with any defects or issues using proper color code.
- Operate an overhead crane and vertical wrapper.
- Change shaft extractors for respective core diameters used.
- Correctly set knives; must know how to adjust and replace knives as needed.
- Carry out functions of the wrapper i.e. set Film Tension, replace Shrink Wrap into Carrier, thread wrapper.
- Read and interpret information on labels; apply labels onto rolls.
- Identify the different colors of labels and understand the significance of each type.
- Utilize appropriate cardboard side covers for final product (rolls).
- Distinguish between an FDA Product and non-FDA product and follow proper FDA rules and protocols when applicable.
- Collect standard samples and for QA testing.
- Add re-feed to the machines as needed.
- Perform manual/automatic operations of the Rewinder.
- Read, fill and understand Operator Panel.
- Know parts and locations of Celli operating devises, such as alarms and lock system.
- Initiate E-Stops under necessary usage conditions.
- Work across multiple lines, as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance procedures.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed and utilize proper PPE.
- Keep work station clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in a hot/non-climate controlled environment
- Must be able to stand for 12-hour shift on hard surfaces
- Must be able to perform extensive walking; climbing multiple stairs throughout the shift
- Job requires occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift items from the ground, bend at the knee and waist, and reach above shoulders.
- Position requires full hand dexterity to utilize hands and tools and cut/pinch/pull/grab fibers and materials.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or degree from Technical Institution preferred
- Previous manufacturing and machine operation experience is required
Pre-employment drug screen and background check are required during the onboarding process.