Senior Engineer III
Robins Air Force Base, Warner Robins GA 31098
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Senior Engineer III with an active Secret Clearance to work on our project at Robins Air Force Base, GA. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment. Must hold and maintain a valid Secret Security Clearance.
He/she will be involved with product sustainment, product development, lab support, and engineering services in support of the Operational Flight Program (OFP), Test Program Set (TPS), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and Mission Support (MS) business lines within the Software Maintenance Group. Candidate will assist in evaluating current systems, planning of large scale system projects, purchasing, installing and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
or Software Engineering from an ABET accredited school minimum or equivalent
experience computer science or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years’ experience with at least one of the following: Electronic Warfare,
Radar, Sensors and Fusion, Communications, Navigation, Identification, Tactical Data
Links and Networks, Information Assurance, Avionics OFPs, Support Equipment,
Simulations, or Systems Integration.
- Security+ Certification.
- Experience with evaluating, planning and engineering of an organizations large scale
- Experience with implementation and design of hardware and software, installing and
supporting network communication systems, including wired and wireless LAN/WAN
networking, PC and server virtualization software.
- CCNA certification is a plus.
- Experience with performance tuning, backup and restore.
- Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
- Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated
ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
- Interest in new technologies and the ability to adopt to those new technologies.
- High level of drive and ability to learn.
- Ability to lead a team and carry development workload.
- ***MUST HAVE Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ Years’ experience working on DoD programs is highly desired.
- Provide technical support to outside customers, such as System Program Offices, System
engineering and user activities.
- Provide acquisition support, independent verification and validation, independent test
of externally acquired products.
- Provide consulting, research, analysis, reverse-engineering studies and other support
- Conduct standard system administration duties including server install, system/application
install and patch management, windows problem determination and resolution, log
- Configure, test and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and services, including switches,
routers, firewalls and VPN.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic
- Develop technical specifications and design documents.
- Conduct performance tuning/troubleshooting
- Provide infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, operation system,
network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore.
- Provide emergency recovery support either on-site or virtually (with Government
- Conduct on-site, in-house Product Knowledge Transfer Sessions as requested by the
- Work with stakeholders and manage project teams (internally) and/or externally.
- Provide maintenance and analysis to Government’s Life Cycle sustainment efforts.
Maintains job knowledge by studying state–of-the-art development tools,
programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational
opportunities, reading professional publications,
maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.