The primary role of the Customer Service Expediter is to quickly respond to the needs of the in-store customer to make the experience easy. The Expediter is welcoming, friendly and gracious, interested, and always puts the needs of the customer first. When not with customers, the Expediter is expected to maintain store presentation and complete tasks that support the omnichannel customer experience. The Customer Service Expediter is required to move between these different tasks with flexibility as directed by his/her manager and based on the needs of the business. Perform other duties as assigned.
MAKE THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EASY
o b.helpful duty:
- Each day the Customer Service Expediter will be assigned by his/her manager to the following tasks at specific times and different locations based on the velocity of store traffic and the needs of the customer:
Cover the register to process the transactions for walk up customers; graciously take returns and offer to exchange for other items; answer the phone quickly and courteously; maintain b.helpful cleanliness and supplies
o BOPS desk duty:
cover the BOPS pick up location and help customers who come to pick up their order
o Fulfillment duty:
Complete fulfillment orders
o Customer Host duty:
Greet customers at the store entrances or highly trafficked locations and help direct them to whatever they are looking for
o Recovery duty:
straighten the floor; return merchandise to correct locations
o Stock maintenance duty:
Fill in the floor
o Fitting room duty:
Manage the traffic and merchandise going in and out of the assigned fitting rooms
- Connect with customers in a friendly and engaging way
- Expectation: achieve the store NPS goal
SELL THE PRODUCT
- Know the location of merchandise and be able to offer helpful brand and product knowledge
- Discover what the customer is looking for: Ask questions, listen, and suggest appropriate merchandise
- Refer the customer to a Sales Expediter or Specialty Seller when appropriate
- Support the use of fulfillment tools, selling technology, and multiple channels to meet customer needs
- Complete fulfillment orders quickly and efficiently.
- Sell the Bloomingdale’s Loyallist Charge Card as the best way to shop at Bloomingdale’s
o Inform every customer of benefits of Loyallist program and offer to open a charge
o Offer to Redeem Loyallist Rewards
- Maximize Loyallist enrollments when customer does not want the credit card
- Make the follow up service contact within 2 days to thank the customer for opening an account
- Expectation: Achieve Loyallist application goals
BUILD INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Maintain positive working relationships with other associates, both on own team and throughout the store.
- Collaborate with other associates and managers to provide the best customer experience
- Support others when they need help ringing and packaging a sale. Step in as a partner to make the process quicker and more convenient for the customer.
- Connect the customer with the appropriate associate (Specialty Seller, Stylist) who can provide the needed assistance if the Expediter feels unable to do so.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- 1 year in a customer service role, preferably involving a POS System.
- Excellent communication skills, in person and over the phone.
- Friendly, outgoing and professional demeanor.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to solve practical problems involving a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to external and internal customers on a consistent basis.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.