Callibra, Inc dba Discharge 1-2-3 is a software company serving the Healthcare information Technology space. We develop unique software technologies and approaches to creating superior, patient-specific, evidence-based documents and solutions for discharge instructions and patient education for hospitals across the country and internationally.
Callibra won the Chicago Innovation Award in 2011 for its innovative multilingual technology. Our sophisticated yet simple solutions help boost the efficiency and effectiveness of more than 20 million medical discharges each year. Headquartered in suburban Chicago, Discharge 1-2-3™ launched its first product in 2002. Our powerful yet easy to use technologies have been embraced by prestigious teaching and research hospitals, multi-specialty and university medical centers, private and rural hospitals. In business to business relationships we are partners with leading EMR and Healthcare IT Solution companies.
Senior .Net Developer / Analyst (FT and/or Contract to Hire)
We are looking for a Senior.Net Developer /Analyst to join our application development team. The application development team is responsible for creating and maintaining solutions using advanced and cutting-edge technologies. Our applications are considered critical and vital to the healthcare industry.
This individual in this role will perform analysis, design, programming, and testing tasks. The successful applicant will be a creative and self-motivated individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Individual should be able to think abstractly about software and systems designs, multitask, and work as needed to manage commitments to timelines and constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Combine deep technical expertise with innovative thinking to recommend and develop solutions.
- Author Technical Designs (TDs) that define how a functional design will be technically enabled.
- Develop Unit Test Plans to test programs and ensure that standards and policies are adhered to.
- Obtain Technical Design and Unit Test plan reviews from other Programming Staff also responsible for mentoring junior developers with code reviews, design reviews, and unit tests.
- Develop and review unit test designs of code from other Programming Staff, ensuring that all programming standards and policies are adhered to.
- Provide production support of applications by trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, and develop/test fixes.
- Manage source control repository.
- Estimate time required to complete tasks.
- Take a leadership role in projects and mentor Mid / Jr. level departmental staff as assigned.
- Work with other programmers to design and develop Visual Studio.NET -based web applications and thick client-server applications that meet provided design specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Identify the required third party controls, testing tools and guide the rest of the team on using the decided tools.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or other related area is required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience developing applications using object-oriented languages such as VB.NET/C# and structured query language (SQL) for relational databases particularly Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with web application user interface design, including information architecture and visual design sufficient to design, build and support applications that align with user requirements and internal standards.
- Experience with design and development of web services and APIs.
- Excellent organizational, written / verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment in a professional and productive manner.
- Eligible to work in US now and in the future without restrictions
- 10 years of software development work experience. Must be involved in all aspects of SDLC
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred, but not must.
- Command on Microsoft SQL Server/t-SQL
- Web Services
- Robust experience utilizing version control systems such as Vault, Team Foundation Server, or Subversion
- Experience with web services and API technologies
- Relational Database Design experience especially with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Be able to write T-SQL, complex stored procedures, Triggers, Views. SQL Server Profiler.
- Know how on SSAS, SSRS, SSIS is preferred
- Experience in collaborative teams using revision control systems e.g. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Building and maintaining web services
- Working knowledge of HL7 standards. Preferred, but not must.
- Develop and create Functional and Technical Documentation
- Investigate and decide the suitability of third party controls. Ability to convenience the management with pros and cons of identified controls
.NET Developer (FT and/or Contract to Hire)
We are looking for a visual studio.NET programmer to join our application development team. The application development team is responsible for creating and maintaining solutions using advanced and cutting-edge technologies. Our applications are considered critical and vital to the healthcare industry.
This individual in this role will perform design, programming, and testing tasks. The successful applicant will be a creative and self-motivated individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Additionally, applicants should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop Visual NET -based web applications and thick client-server applications that meet provided design specifications.
- Create unit test plans and conduct unit testing on code developed by other team members.
- Provide internal support and maintenance of existing applications.
- Support enterprise architecture efforts by following and adhering to the standards set forth by the architecture group.
- Developing consistent solutions to maintain the integrity of application architecture.
- Be open to contribute the ideas and inputs to management team
- Eager to learn and be ready to take up the challenges.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and developing applications using object-oriented languages such as VB.NET/C# and structured query language (SQL) for relational databases.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A willingness to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment in a professional and productive manner.
- Eligible to work in US now and in the future without restrictions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Alternatively, 5 or more years of relevant professional software development experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server/t-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers and views
- Experience with web services and API technologies. And third party controls
- Experience utilizing version control systems such as Vault, Team Foundation Server, or Subversion
- Prefer to have experience in SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS. But not must.
- Working with testing team and production support team
Full-time position will have the following benefits:
- Paid Holidays and PTO Annual Accrual
- Health and dental insurance (PPO and HMO)
- 401K plan
- Profit Sharing
- Bonus plan potential
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- VB.Net: 10 years (Required)
- SQL: 5 years (Required)
- Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Required)