The Senior JAVA Programmer Analystwill be part of an Agileteam with other Sr. programmer analysts and project leads reporting to Director Application services, developing web applications, content management modules in Java technologies and administration of content management platform
- This primary responsibility of the Analyst is to develop content modules for Jahia platform which serves as content management platform for the enterprise. In addition, the role requires 50% of administration of the platform supporting existing full-time content management administrator.
- When necessary, support production deployments during weekends or outside of business hours
- The role also requires reviewing the code developed by external vendors for architecture, performance stability of the Jahia platform
- Maintain existing code developed by vendors and make on going changes.
- Generate unit test for the new modules and integrate as part of build life cycle
- Collaborate with Jahia support team in reviewing open Jahia tickets, provide feedback.
- Ability to collaborate with other business units so strong communication skills is essential
- Daily work will entail support of a Production code base as well as implementation of new features and improvements. In addition to producing technical design documentation, this individual will be working on proofs of concept, prototypes and reference implementations for any new initiatives identified.
- The senior programmer analyst will be following and applying TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behavior Driven Development) principles throughout the development lifecycle where applicable.
- The role requires occasional presentation of Jahia statistics and performance ongoing basis to senior management and onboard new resources projects into Jahia platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Math or Computer Science or technical training/experience equivalent. Candidates with Java certification are preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Java, JEE experience and 2 years of experience in Spring Framework
- Strong experience on fundamental java.
- Java (1.8+)/ JEE, Web Services (CXF or Spring WS), jQuery, jQuery Mobile, Spring framework (3.0 and above), Spring Web flow, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Annotations
- Strong experience with Log4J framework
- Fundamental knowledge of HttpServlet, url rewrites, REST, JSON, HTTP protocol
- Developer tools - Spring Tool Suite, Selenium, Maven 3.x, Git (Knowledge of Merging, Branching),jProfiler or any equivalent profiling tool, Annotations, HTML 5, firebug (or equivalent browser debugging tools), unix shell scripting for basis developer tasks
- Debugging tools – Firebug, Chrome dev tools
- Profiling tools – jProfiler, Yourkit or equivalent java profiling tool. Ability to analyze thread dumps
- Atlassian tools (Jira/Bitbucket)
- Drools, Agile Methodology (Scrum or other), Atlassian tools preferred
- Preferred experience in order
- Java content repository implementation such as jackrabbit
- Drools (rules engine)
- JBPM (Workflow engine)
- Splunk tool for log analysis
Individual will be trained in Jahia platform after they complete self-evaluation on JSR-283 – Content repository for Java Technology and completing self-training available on Jahia academy
Job Type: Full-time