Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with data analytics languages, including R and Python
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) to perform tasks, including entity extraction and common machine learning algorithms and problem domains, including feature engineering, hyperparameter tuning, and performance optimization
- Experience with query languages, including SQL, Hive, or Spark
- Knowledge of data mining methods, including clustering and anomaly detection to comprehend data patterns and select appropriate predictive techniques
- Knowledge of statistics, including common pitfalls in modeling and data analysis, sampling and data augmentation techniques, and the mechanics of common ML algorithms and loss functions
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with data engineering, including ETL, data cleansing, and using Big Data technologies
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of machine learning and assurance intelligence with techniques, including neural, recurrent, and convolutional networks
- MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.