Lifehouse is looking for Direct Care Staff to join us in our mission to change lives for people with developmental disabilities! At Lifehouse we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live as independently as possible and to participate fully in our community.
As Direct Care Staff you will be part of a great team working together in an ICF group home to support six individuals with developmental disabilities.
** We are looking to fill multiple full-time and part-time positions that must include weekend availability. **
What you will be doing:
- Assist the people you support with personal care and daily living activities.
- Ensure the highest level of independence and quality of life for the people you support.
- Support community integration and development of social skills through recreational activities.
- Monitor medication and accompany the people you support to medical appointments.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and third party agencies.
- Participate in team meetings and training as well as agency wide training opportunities.
. Why you should apply:
- You will make a difference.
- You will be part of a great team working towards integration and changing the perception of people with developmental disabilities in the community.
- You will be part of one of the first agencies in Northern CA implementing a Person Centered Thinking approach to the services we provide.
- You will join a successful nonprofit committed to respect and trust.
- Competitive pay, starting at $15.45/hr, $15.70/hr for overnights and weekends.
- Outstanding benefits, including medical, employer funded HRA, dental, vision, Life, LTD, EAP, FSA, retirement plan with employer match, pet insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
. What you will bring:
- Friendly, helpful attitude, willing to go the extra mile.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities -- or other experience if you find that it would be helpful for this position.
- Direct care experience is preferred, but we will train the right person.
- CA driver's license and a clean driving record. Ability to pass fingerprint clearance and physical, including TB-test.
- A positive outlook and the urge to make a difference.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.45 to $15.70 /hour
- Driver's License (Required)