Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day.
When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
PeopleSoft Applications Systems Analyst Programmer – Intermediate
Baptist Health, headquartered in Louisville KY, operates hospitals, care centers, physician offices and health facilities. We are currently looking for a PeopleSoft programmer to support eProcurement and Inventory modules/applications in a PeopleSoft Finance and Supply Chain environment.
Under general direction, formulates/defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, test, debugs, documents and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in some phases.
Primary responsibilities of the job include:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, as assigned, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
- Performs the following technical duties with supervision and oversight by Team Leader, Staff Specialist or Senior: Researching, designing, programming, testing, debugging, training, documenting, releasing and supporting any PeopleSoft ERP system supported by BHS IS.
- Displays creative thinking and resolves problems.
- Develops specifications and conducts research with the assistance of IS Staff, users and vendors to design, create, develop, or enhance PeopleSoft applications. Prepares the required documents in accordance with BHS programming standards, policies and procedures.
- Develops ERP solutions utilizing various PeopleSoft programming languages SQL, SQR, PeopleCode and Application Engine and tools in Application Designer
- Uses knowledge of application records/tables and file structures to identify and solve system issues
- Keeps abreast of current and new Oracle technologies.
- Participates in project teams, special projects and other tasks as assigned by Director or designated Team Leader.
- Accomplishes goals and objectives within set deadlines.
- Provides good customer relations across the range of BHS activities including Support Services, BHS Business Units, and vendors.
- Displays willingness to nurture a team environment, adapt to new situations and help others adapt, to modify own behavior and that of others and to demonstrate genuine concern and support for others.
- Promotes corporate integrity through compliance with the BHS Corporate Compliance Program.
Experience and skills required:
- Provide assigned on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades.
- Provide 24/7 support when scheduled.
- Resolve or triage support calls as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related quantitative field
- One year of experience in programming and development or 5 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Good analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of software
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good communication skills to interact with team members and senior support personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- At least 1 year of development experience in PeopleTools including Application Designer, PeopleCode, and SQR
- Strong functional experience in SQL
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft FSCM including ePro, Inventory, GL, Asset Management, AP, Project Costing, and Travel & Expense modules.
Some travel is required. Evening and weekend work is required from time to time.
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now!
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.