- Education: Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in
Social Work, Psychology, counseling, rehabilitation, gerontology or sociology.
- Experience: Two years of experience with the elderly.
- Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Clinical assessment skills, knowledge of the community, ability to work with multidisciplinary team and to work with clients/families in the home setting. Knowledge of aging and programs for seniors.
- Must evaluate the potential client as a total person and identify the functional limitations, which impede independent living.
- Conducting in-depth assessments, reassessments covering psychosocial, rehabilitation, and environmental concerns
- Referring clients to special consultants to provide detailed evaluations and recommendations to improve the client’s functional level
- Developing the care plan, implementing the services and conducting follow up and monitoring of the plan
- Identifying and developing support systems for the client
- Consulting with the Health Practitioner
- Case recording and reporting
- Provides case management in accordance with departmental policy, program standards and patient needs by:
- Completing assessment evaluation of a client’s health and
Psychosocial status utilizing all relevant information sources including the identification of issues that are specific to age, diagnosis and disabilities of the client population served, in accordance with departmental policy.
- Participating as an active team member in care planning to
Develop care plans specific to the client’s needs.
- Implementing interventions and services utilizing community resources in a timely fashion in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintaining and documenting regular contact with clients in accordance with departmental policy.
- Identifying, assessing and responding to crisis situations in a timely fashion, with appropriate interventions.
- Observing all legal, departmental, and/or hospital regulations.
- Provides community relations by:
- Developing and maintaining positive community interactions; building referral relationships in the community.
- Recognizing and resolving problems in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Participating in community outreach.
- Seeking new resources.
- Maintains effective interpersonal communication skills by:
- Including open and accurate verbal and written communication.
- Recognizing and resolving conflicts or unusual situations.
- Maintaining positive interpersonal relationships and team building within department and ancillary staff.
- Completing written correspondence and documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains professional work habits by:
- Organizing workload and setting appropriate priorities.
- Completing assignments in given time frames.
- Maintaining client files that are up to date and accessible.
- Using resources appropriately.
- Demonstrating efforts to comply with department/program expectations and productivity standards.
- Demonstrating initiative by seeking involvement in activities beyond routine.
- Demonstrating positive attitude and behavior in accepting and adapting to change
Lifting capability of 5-10 pounds (depending on what is taken in the field) laptop, paperwork, etc. Valid California driver’s license and proof of current liability insurance required. This position requires local travel for home assessments.
“Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation”
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly