Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Health System
Requisition #: 2278778
Department:: 976 - MS HEART WASHINGTON HEIGHTS
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Offsite Administrator is responsible for the day to day administration of assigned offsite practice, including operational, administrative and financial areas. Develops policies and procedures and operational practices that are consistent with medical center philosophy and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accomplishes business office human resource strategies by determining accountabilities, communicating and enforcing values, policies and procedures, implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary and communication programs, planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions and reviewing compensation strategies.
2. Responsible for the day to day administration of the department, encompassing operational, administrative and financial areas. Directs office operational strategies by analyzing trends, preparing critical measurements, implementing production, productivity, quality and customer service strategies.
3. Formulates and recommends annual operating budget in salary and supply areas; works with subordinate staff in identifying budgetary requirements. Monitors variance activity on a monthly basis.
4. Develops policies and procedures consistent with sound operational practice and as required by institution and regulatory agencies.
5. Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state and local regulations and JCAHO standards, supporting and upholding hospital and department policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environment and infection control and anticipation of emerging issues.
6. Resolves problems and improves flow of service and operation by maintaining cooperative working relationships with other departments, managers, physicians, vendors and consultants.
7. Generates revenues by developing and implementing collection systems, analyzes and evaluates all information-gathering processes, monitors managed care, third party reimbursement and accounts receivable management, including bad debt and cash collections. Keeps current and anticipates changes in federal and state reimbursement regulations.
8. Provides information by preparing and analyzing statistical, operational and other reports for department chair or senior management; participates in meetings to receive and disseminate hospital information and direction.
9. Updated job knowledge by providing leadership in educational and professional organizations, contributing to professional publications if appropriate in credentialing, and maintaining personal networks.
Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
8 years in hospital management setting
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.