DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Reporting to the Vice President of Technology & Solutions
The Director of Customer Experience is a dynamic leader who fosters relationships with clients, stakeholders and internal business partners to achieve ACTS-Aviation Security’s strategic mission. The Director is a leader committed to providing exceptional, high quality customer service delivery to the clients/customers we serve by achieving/exceeding contractual requirements, service level agreement (SLA’s), performance metrics and by actively contributing to operational targets as well as daily business decisions.
The overarching goal for the Director of Customer Experience is to execute a brand-enhancing aviation security, customer experience and operational strategy and address service efficiency and effectiveness to exceed the expectations of clients/customers.
The primary role of the Director of Customer Experience is to lead, plan, direct and control all aspects of ACTS’ Customer Experience program. This position is responsible for managing an airport/aviation customer service delivery contract and is the primary client relationship manager with senior client representatives. The Director is responsible/accountable for the implementing ACTS’ policies/procedures, goals/objectives and for working to drive efficiency and enhance productivity and achieve service level standards with a tactical emphasis on the customer experience and quality management.
Consistent with ACTS strategic direction, the Director is responsible for creating an Aviation Security and Customer Experience Team culture which promotes an exceptional client/ customer experience through value-added service solutions, employee engagement and strategic customer engagement.
- Lead the Airport/Aviation customer experience team in the delivery of world-class security, customer and passenger service and operational excellence. Lead, manage, coach and inspire the on-site management team and customer service agents to achieve an overall improvement in performance and to continue providing the highest standards of service at all times.
- Develop ACTS’ Airport/Aviation Customer Experience strategy and manage the overall performance of people, processes and systems to demonstrate ACTS’s creative approach, offer unique strategies tailored to the client’s needs and ultimately to achieve the highest levels of aviation security, customer and passenger satisfaction.
- Define and communicate the company and client’s Security and Customer/Passenger experience vision by fully engaging with and inspiring direct reports. Outline “the journey” to achieve the security and customer/passenger experience vision including key landmarks and measures of success.
- Maximize customer satisfaction and demonstrate impeccable client service by aligning with client vision/mission, obtaining feedback on current operations versus expectations, obtaining a first-hand understanding of all aspects of security, operations and the passenger experience across all touch points. Overlay this with research insight to draw conclusions and design specific plans and practices to continually refine and improve services.
- Develop a strong customer/passenger service mindset and culture within the customer experience team, ensuring employees at every level are absolutely consistent in their understanding of what their contribution is towards aviation security, operations, customer/passenger experience and are working in a cooperative fashion to promote great security and customer experience as well as a positive, highly engaged and enthusiastic team environment.
- Work collaboratively with clients to develop meaningful and achievable performance and service metrics and establish an internal system to track, analyze and report on achievement of metrics. Promote an internal aviation team awareness of each client’s mission and associated key service metrics and drive accountability across the team to achieve or exceed expectations through connecting results to performance reviews and through regularly communicating the results at team meetings. Work collaboratively with the client to analyze the quality of service, report results and develop action plans for implementation and continued review.
- Directly engage clients through direct conversations, customer satisfaction surveys, and client meetings to gather performance feedback and instill a message of growth and continuous improvement that supports the clients’ needs.
- Take a proactive approach to motivating, engaging and retaining employees by promoting an employee valued culture and creating an inclusive, supportive and inviting work environment.
- Establish a flexible, adaptable structure and dynamic resource program that consistently meets all contractual requirements/expectations and that enables a quick and effective response to unforeseen ad-hoc and/or emergency resource requirements
- Maintains oversight of the Aviation Resource Program, ensuring adequacy of resource levels, recruitment, training, performance management and scheduling processes and procedures and consistent application of HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Manage, coach and guide direct reports to ensure program(s) productivity, employee motivation and engagement and that quality and customer satisfaction/client performance objectives are met and performed in an efficient manner. Provide regular feedback to Leadership and other members of the management team regarding current operational performance. Escalate issues appropriately and in real-time.
- Initiates programs for staff development by taking advantage of the diverse operational areas to maximize productivity, improve the quality of service delivered, and develop staff to achieve an effective succession plan.
- Foster a cross organization approach to airport/aviation security, customer experience and operational excellence by cultivating cooperative, trust-based relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the sharing of information, to address and overcome conflicts/challenges, to resolve common operational problems, to coordinate the implementation of new processes/procedures or technology and to instill a culture of team work.
- Participates in financial management objectives, by forecasting budget requirements, scheduling expenditures and by monitoring and maintaining overtime.
- Ensures compliance with all company and client policies and standards, contractual obligations as well as government regulations.
- Creates and continually promotes a culture of continuous improvement and innovation which leverages technology and best practices and new ideas and initiatives to improve services/processes. This includes the establishment of a front-line customer service agents continuous improvement and innovation program which encourages, recognizes and rewards front-line staff to identify recommendations/solutions to operational issues/challenges.
- Establishes, implements and tracks the success of a comprehensive employee engagement program aimed at achieving security, operational and Customer Experience excellence and fostering a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation inclusive of employee recognition and reward programs and events/activities to celebrate success.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work-related experience;
- A minimum of 8 years of managerial/leadership experience, preferably in a security, customer service, operational or similar service delivery environment;
- Significant work experience in leading a large 24/7 team; preferably in a security, operational and/or customer service environment;
- Previous experience in an aviation/airport/transportation or similar environment is highly desired
- People management and operations experience with a strong focus on metrics, including a solid knowledge of KPI’s and SLA’s as well as experience in the area of process management, project management and quality assurance;
Candidates applying for this position must be:
- Must have a confirmed 10-year background check (10 year listed; 5 year verified employment history verification or FBI fingerprint check for SIDA applicant purposes).
- Able to be available (on-call) to the client on a 24/7 basis.
Skills, Abilities and Personal Suitability
AREAS OF PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT:
- Inspirational leader and role model with a proven track record of translating vision into action and creating a highly motivated, engaged and empowered workforce;
- Strong people leadership/management and team building skills with the demonstrated ability to delegate, coach, motivate and develop team members across a wide a diverse spectrum of staff;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability build and maintain strong business relationships, internally and externally; ability to build consensus, manage conflict and interface at all levels;
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to articulate concepts and express ideas in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to facilitate meetings and prepare and deliver presentations for various audiences, including clients, staff and Executive team members;
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with knowledge and commitment to continuous quality improvement process and methodology with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement process/procedural enhancements including technology solutions and performance metrics;
- Energetic, self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to thrive and effectively manage multiple and often competing/shifting priorities in a high demand, fast-paced and evolving environment;
- Strong decision-making abilities and problem-solving skills – analytical and process-oriented mindset with an aptitude for evaluation, problem solving, planning and organization;
- Strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to exercise judgment in prioritizing tasks in order to meet schedules and deadlines.
Leadership and Knowledge
- Recruits, trains, coaches and mentors and support direct reports to develop a leadership team which supports and emulates the company and client mission, vision and values;
- Maintains a high level of knowledge/understanding of Airport/Airline Terminal and Airside Operations relative to security and customer/passenger services including familiarity with government and inspection agencies operations and the various support services and technologies related to delivery of security and customer experiences;
- Good knowledge and understanding of client contractual requirements and customer expectations;
- Keeps informed/abreast of new or changing developments, regulations, products, best practices or ideas that impact Airport/aviation operations through research, networking, and professional organizations;
- High degree of proficiency with respect to aviation service delivery - Proactively partners with the client in order to understand their business needs/challenges, the role of the various stakeholder groups, current expectations and long-term plans;
- Familiar with the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) measures and relationship/impact to ACTS service delivery.
- Adheres to contractual requirements and consistently accomplishes goals, delivers results and meets/exceed expectations. Manages operations effectively in order to achieve optimal resource and time efficiencies and proactively addresses issues and changing priorities to ensure a successful “Day of” operation.
- Continuously reviews and redesigns workflow processes to reduce manpower reliance and achieve improved consistency and operational efficiencies. Effectively rolls-out new programs, tools or processes to the front line in a manner that ensures full comprehension, execution and compliance;
- Ensures sufficient, competent and properly trained staff are on duty to meet operational requirements inclusive of security requirements, bilingual, relief and back-up staff.
- Monitors, tracks and achieves established SLA and KPI targets.
Communication and Compliance
DEMONSTRATED COMPETENCIES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE POSITION:
- Demonstrates strong and effective written and verbal communication skills and communicates in a way that shows authenticity, respect and empathy and engages others in dialogue and builds rapport.
- Displays versatility in dealings with clients, tenants, inspection service/government agencies, stakeholders and the public.
- Keeps operational staff apprised of any issues that may impede the effectiveness of daily operations.
- Strong Customer Experience, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills with an unrelenting commitment and passion to Customer Experience excellence;
- Strong organization, planning, time management, project management and human resource management, planning and scheduling skills;
- Solid business and financial acumen skills with a business improvement mindset;
- Demonstrated ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate cross organizationally to achieve results;
- Highly resourceful, solutions oriented with the ability to successfully manage under pressure, drive process improvement and quality assurance and respond to critical or changing priorities;
- Excellent innovation skills – ability to make changes to operation as needed to improve work environment and team performance;
- Strong and proficient computer skills, specifically in MS Office Application;
- Proven knowledge and experience in contracted service management.
- Security Mindset – take pride in keeping the skies safe and the flights secure
- Trust - keeping promises and speaking the truth.
- Customer Focused - the willingness to listen and the duty to act – promptly and appropriately.
- Team Spirit - integrity, experience, collaboration and open communication.
- Innovation – creativity, seeking new ideas, continuous improvement though anticipating change and adapting to it.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)